17.5 <The Red Forces>

"NO!" Chen breaks through and charges at SungMin

"NO!" Chen breaks through and charges at SungMin. All the Red Forces charge at him in response. Chen is lost in a flurry of snapping teeth, sharp claws, and burning red eyes. Chen growls and tries to shake them off, tries to fight back, but he's being overpowered. They're all over him.

Then like a flower, they start to get plucked off one by one. Chen regains mobility of his limbs and throws the rest of the Red Forces off of him.

The building soon becomes infested with chaos. Everywhere he looks, someone is fighting someone else. The EXO Pack is even more cautious with their powers than usual, worried that the high school students would face critical damage. 

The Red Forces, however, are ruthless. Merciless. Emotionless.

They don't focus on their own pain; they focus on returning the pain tenfold.

Whatever SungMin did to these kids is going to be a lot harder to reverse; killing them would be much simpler, but that option isn't valid.

Chen rams into one of the Red Forces, sending both of them tumbling around. Both of them are fighting for the upper hand, trying to overpower the other. They're at each other's necks, their claws and teeth scratching the surface of the other wolf's fur. Chen manages to pin him down. He snarls his teeth and growls in his face. He slashes across the Red Force's eye and throws him across the room with his teeth.

"What do we do?! We can't keep fighting forever!" Chen calls out to SuHo as another Red Force attacks him.

"The only thing we can do for now is play along." The alpha responds as he struggles with a Red Force of his own. Their heads keep hitting against each other as they claw at the other wolf. SuHo bites down on the Red Force's ear and rattles him around violently before launching him against the wall with a satisfying smack.

Yixing looks over at them as he shakes off the numbness in his hind leg, "Maybe we don't have to."

Chen shakes his head, "There's no other way out of this!"

"The Red Forces basically worship SungMin. If we get their Alpha, then we can control them." Yixing suggests as he pushes away a Red Force that was charging at him.

Chen wants to agree, but there's always a consequence for every choice they make, "That's a loophole! He'll kill GaEun if we do anything other than what he wants!"

"Then we better get GaEun first." SuHo agrees. He turns his head and narrowly avoids getting trampled by one of the Red Forces, "There's too many Red Forces in our way. Only one of us will be able to get through."

"I'll go," Chen shakes off a Red Force and pushes it out of his way, "SungMin is my unfinished business. He called me out specifically."