Lake Day

Audrey's POV

I woke up to Christopher's arm wrapped around my waist. He was softly breathing next to my ear. I started thinking about what I said to him yesterday.

Oh god. I confessed to him my feelings for him. Why did I do that?

He brought me closer towards his chest and I got the warmness in my chest.

Now I know why I told him that I liked him. Because I actually do have feelings for him. He is very sweet, funny, caring....he is everything.

I looked out the window from our room. I could tell the sun was just about to come up. I still should get some sleep before it's actually time to get up. I interlocked my fingers with his and felt secure. I fell asleep.

Christopher's POV

I woke up and Audrey's fingers were interlocked with mine. This felt good. She actually confessed her feelings for me. Winning.

I'm glad she did though. I always got the feeling but I wasn't quite sure. Everything Audrey does is unexpected. That's one of the reasons why I am attracted to her. She is a mystery.

I could smell the aroma of my Mom's chocolate chip banana pancakes. Yum. My Mom used to always wake us up by her delicious pancakes.

I felt Audrey shift a little. She was waking up. I knew she woke up when she stretched her legs. The vibration of her stretch was felt under the sheets. A comforting feeling.

"What is that wonderful smell?" She said once she finished stretching.

"My Mom's delicious chocolate chip banana pancakes."

"It's a good smell to wake up to, that's for sure."

"It sure is." I said knowing inside that her smell has to be the best smell to wake up to.

She slowly turned so her face was facing mine.

"Did you sleep well?" She asked innocently.

"I am noticing I sleep 100x better when you are with me."

"I'm going to admit. That I do too." I smiled at her response. "We should go downstairs to eat those delicious pancakes."

"Sounds like a plan."

We got out of bed and fixed ourselves before going downstairs. Audrey put some shorts on and fixed her hair before going down. Must she look so perfect.

She grabbed my hand as we were walking down the hall. We made it downstairs and we could see that my Dad and Evelyn were already setting up the table.

Audrey let go of my hand. "Carol do you need help?"

"Oh dear that would be wonderful. You could help Evelyn finish setting up." Audrey nodded and started helping Evelyn.

I continued to watch her in admiration.

"Son."

She is going to be a perfect wife.

"Son?" My Dad brought me out of reverie.

"Oh. Yeah?"

"I could tell this girl has gotta under your skin. You haven't taken your eyes or that smile off of her since you guys came down."

"Dad, you have no idea." He laughed and slapped my shoulder.

You have no idea.

Audrey's POV

The whole family was eating at the table. It was a comforting experience. Not one I am going to forget.

"Do the jet skis have gas Dad?" Ryan asked.