Taking Down

Audrey's POV

"Get out of my way." I said trying to get past him.

He went in front of me stopping any further motion.

"We need to talk and I have some explaining to do. I know that."

"You know what....FUCK....OFF!" I said angrily.

I managed to get past him and practically jogged out the door.

"Woah.....woah...woah...." He said grabbing my arm.

"Let go of me!" I said through gritted teeth.

"If you would just hear me out...please."

We were standing under a streetlight on the sidewalk outside of the club.

The bouncer was watching us like a hawk. Well mostly Christopher.

"I think it would be best to talk at my place." He suggested.

"No. My place." I could always kick him out.

"Very well. My car is parked over there." He said grabbing my hand.

"Uh. No. Too soon." I said pulling my hand from his grasp.

"Audrey. Come on I'm not going to do anything bad to you. I just want to know you're there, physically. It would sure help at this time." I seen the look in his eyes. He was scared. In the deep depths of them. He was truly scared.

But why?

(Play Song)

I grabbed his face putting both of my hands on each side. "Why are you scared?" I said worried.

His eyes widened looking at me straight in the eyes. "How can you tell?" He whispered.

"I can read people's expressions easily. So why are you scared?"

"I think it'd be best to talk in the privacy of your home." He kept looking around as if he knew he'd see someone. Watching?

I caught his vibe and started walking towards his car. I grabbed his hand because I knew it would ease his tension.

Once we got in he sped away towards my house that was like 3 minutes away.

We arrived at my house and again he was looking around.

He quickly ushered me in my house. He closed both doors, screen and wood, and locked them after.

"You are acting mad. What is going on?" I asked a little nervous.

"Sit down." He ordered. I sat next to him and he grabbed my hand. "This might sound bizarre and absolutely shocking but I need to tell you. Especially you."

"Are you in danger?"

"Yes."

"From who?"

"Two powerful and intimidating women." I looked at him as though I didn't quite get it.

"Let me start from the beginning....."

Christopher's POV

I told her about how Gabby tried to commit suicide in my apartment and how I called for help and they took her away to a sanitarium.

I also told her about how I got the call from the pimptress telling me to give her money since I sent Gabby away, the money stopped coming in.

Though it was hard I also told her about that night that has been haunting me for the past couple months.