On The Move On

Audrey's POV

I walked into the strip club sort of nervous to be honest. I couldn't blow my cover.

I noticed that there were girls everywhere around me. Some were nude while others were barely wearing anything with coverage.

I noticed that some girls were onstage doing what they do best. The place looked like it was ready for opening day.

"Darlings that was marvelous!" JJ herself was sitting there watching. I didn't see Gabby anywhere around. Each time a song finished she would say, "Marvelous!" Annoying.

I continued to watch each time a new set of girls would come off and on. Soon enough the groups would get smaller and smaller.

I never thought a strip club would have tryouts but what do I know.

"Thank you darlings for coming. You will know soon enough who got the job." JJ was about to stand up when I chimed in.

"Excuse me but I would like to tryout." She turned towards me and looked at me up and down.

"Okay then. Let's see what you got." She sat back down.

I started to take off my sweats and hoodie. Underneath I was wearing one of my outfits from the club.

I took off my sandals and put on some heels.

My hair was already down so I gave it one last shake and got on stage. I wasn't too excited about going on the pole but I had to do this.

I waited till she picked a song.

Okay.

I got onto the stage.

*********
Christopher's POV

I was pacing back and forth in my office.

I was immensely nervous for Audrey. What if JJ was fishy about something?

God.

It's okay. Audrey is okay.

I need to do what I am supposed to do. Call the police.

I picked up the phone and dialed the police department. I bought a burner phone to keep everything on the down low.

"Hi. My name is Christopher Mason and I need to report a problem...well it involves prostitution. It's a prostitution ring and I know who is running it."

***********
Audrey's POV

I was out of breath by the time I finished my tryout.

I heard clapping and noticed it was from JJ.

"Darling I have never seen anything like that." She paused and stared. She ended standing up and walked over to me. "Obviously you are hired but I want to talk to you in private."

"Um. Okay." My heart beat a little faster. I jumped off the stage and put my sweats and hoodie back on.

I followed her into a little office. Everything was in red and gold.

"Sit down darling." She said. I sat down and she sat on the edge of her desk. "What's your name for starters?"

"Cassidy." I had to think of a fake name. It was the first thing that popped into my head.

"Well Cassidy, I feel as though you and I are going to make a pretty good team. Don't you?"

I just smiled.

"I have a proposition for you though."

What?

"I have another business on the side where you could make thousands of dollars a day by just being company to an individual."

"Oh..I don't..."

She interrupted me and said, "Darling don't worry it's not sex. Just having a one on one with a man. No touching. Just company and maybe you could entertain him. Like you just did to me."

"Isn't it the same thing as being out there?"

"Yes but in private and a whole lot more money."

"Ummmmm.." I didn't know what to say.

"I know I just laid this on you so I'll give you some time to think about it."

This lady is insane.

*************
Christopher's POV

I heard knocks coming from the door. I quickly went to open it and three men, dressed formally, were there.

"Mr. Mason." One of them asked. He was a tall white bald fellow.

"Yeah. Why don't you guys come in."

They all walked in and I took them to the living room to have a seat.

"Can I offer anyone of you drinks?"

"No we're fine. Thank you though." The bald one said.

I sat down and awaited the questions.

"So Mr. Mason you informed us on a prostitution ring we have tried to bust since the early 2000s. Please tell us how you came to be involved with this JJ."

I started from the beginning. I didn't leave one detail out.

**********
Audrey's POV

I was still in shock that JJ would even consider me to do a kind of job like that. She is delusional.

I had a key to Christopher's penthouse. I unlocked the door about to tell him what happened when I seen him talking to three men. Who I presume is the police.

"Audrey." Christopher waved me down.

I went towards the men. They all stood up and shook my hand. "These are the FBI agents who are going to handle the situation."

I nodded.

"Miss, your boyfriend here has told us that you just went to go tryout for a job working with one of the biggest prostitution ring leaders in America."

"I know it sounds superb but I had to. I'm the cover. Before you go on saying how dangerous this is, I want to say that I am not backing down on this case because I already got the job and I can be an insider. I would consider myself a blessing if I say so myself."

Christopher looked at me smiling.

The bald agent just looked at me in awe. "I never said it was a bad idea I just figured this can be dangerous on your part."

"I am fully capable of being an insider."

They continued to look at me as if I was crazy.

"Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I was just offered another job apart from the primary one. JJ told me that she thought it would be a great idea to be a private performer for men. Specifically rich. I'm sure you guys can guess I am not the only girl who was offered a side job. So I think it would be a good idea to get this show on the road."

"Well boys.." He told the others, "...let's get this case on the move on."