KING

Audrey's POV

I was in the hospital's waiting room not thinking what to do. It wasn't supposed to be like this. I brought my knees up to my chest and started sobbing into them once again.

Not one doctor has come out and said anything to me since he got in. It's 4 in the morning and I didn't even think of sleep. Until someone told me he was okay was when I would have some piece of mind.

"Mrs. Mason?" The doctor asked me.

"Yes."

"Mr. Mason had to go in surgery immediately upon his arrival. He was losing a lot of blood and the bullet luckily missed a major artery by a hairs width. He was very lucky."

"How did surgery go?"

"We managed to retract the bullet cleanly. He just needs to wake up from the amnesia. But when he does wake he will be in a lot of pain."

"Okay. Thank you doctor."

"Take care."

"Wait, can I see him?"

"Of course."

I eventually walked into the room and seen him laying there pale as a ghost. I've never seen him so sick and not him.

I walked towards him and brought a chair over to his bed.

I sat down and grabbed his hand. I kissed it so many times grateful he was still alive.

"Christopher if you didn't survive this....I don't think I could live any longer. I love you so much."

I felt his hand twitch and hoped he heard me.

What I would do to Gabby if I ever saw her....my blood boiled just thinking about it.

"I'm going to find out what happened Christopher."

**************
I walked towards the club dressed in a black hoodie and black pants. My hood was over my head. I walked as if though I was a passerby.

Cops were everywhere and there was caution tape all around the club.

I seen a cop by his car and walked up to him.

"What happened officer?" I said innocently.

"A shooting broke out. Pretty much revenge was taken out on the owner. They were both women, can you believe it...one happened to be one of America's most wanted." He sighed. "Both were found dead on site."

"Wow. Well it's good she's off the streets." I walked away and a huge amount of stress was lifted off my shoulders.

Looks like Gabby took revenge on JJ.

But why?

**************
Christopher's POV

I felt the intense pressure on my left side and my eyes slowly opened to find I was in a hospital.

After my eyesight gained focus I seen Audrey laying there fast asleep next to me. She was wearing all black. Her head was resting on the bed near my hand.

I put my hand on top of hers and she quickly woke up.

"You're awake." She whispered. Her eyes filled with tears.

"I'm awake." She got up and bent down to press her lips against mine. It was a more than welcomed gesture.

"I'll call the doctor." She pressed a button on a remote. "Christopher when you started drifting away I thought it would be the last time I would see you."

"Shhhh. It's okay. I'm here now." The last thing I heard her say before I passed out was that she loved me. Even if it was going to be my last breath I'm glad that was the last thing I heard.

She looked at me the entire time while the doctor was checking on me. The look on her face told me she was genuine about her feelings for me.

God I love her.

*************

*6 weeks later*

My shoulder is healing slowly but surely. I don't have a cast anymore but it does hurt sometimes. I was in bed and Audrey was snuggled right next to me. She was sound asleep.

We ended up talking to the FBI soon after I was in the hospital. They took care of everything and I was cleared from anything involving JJ. Audrey told me she didn't make it after the shoot out and neither did Gabby.

I regret saying I am relieved they are both gone because they are dead but honestly I am relieved.

My life has gotten back to normal like before. Before Gabby normal.

It's just Audrey and business I worry about. Life is how it's meant to be.

Audrey started waking up a little and she opened her beautiful eyes.

"Good morning beautiful." I said. I brought my lips down to hers.

"Morning."

"Are you feeling good this morning?"

"For now yes." She said looking down at her stomach. Her baby bump was growing and it was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life.

I bent down to kiss her stomach.

"I love you." I said looking up at her.

"I love you too." She said.

I laid back down and she wrapped her hands around my waist.

I slowly dragged my fingers up and down her arm.

"How about we go to the lake house tonight?" I suggested.

Her eyes brightened. "I would very much love that." She said. "It's where I grew feelings for you." She said smiling.

Little did she know I had a surprise wedding set up for her for that very reason. My sisters have designed the entire wedding with everything I knew Audrey would love. It's been hard keeping this from her.

I proposed to her two weeks ago and told her I can't wait for to be mine so the wedding had to be here sooner than later.

I can't wait to call this woman mine.

From not wanting anything to do with me to her making it clear she couldn't live without me put it all in perspective.

My life will never be dull with Audrey or our new creation.

It's that Burlesque Love.

*******************************

"I don't know how they got away but they did. God knows what happened to them." She was pacing back and forth thinking about Christopher and Audrey.

"Now sweetheart don't worry about them anymore. We got the business back to where it should be, in my hands. I should've never let my guard down when I let JJ take over. But she's dead now. She brought him apart of this. We've wiped our hands clean of them."

"Okay Daddy." Gabby wrapped her arms around her father in a huge hug. "It was a good idea to get rid of her on her opening night. But I do feel a tad bad about making it seem as if that girl, what's her name? Taylor....had everything to do with it. Everyone thinks Taylor's me." She started laughing. "They all think I'm dead." She started to laugh.

"We have to sacrifice others even if they are innocents."

"Yes father."

He is better known as the KING in the prostitution world. JJ was just his squire doing his dirty work. No one wanted to mess with the KING or his daughter.

A/N: Thank you for being apart of this journey with me! I hoped you enjoyed it as much as I did. This is the end...please like! 💕 

LOVE VEE ❤