01. a dance with the hybrid

( s3 e9: homecoming)

MATT GUIDED Ariel as she looked warily around the school hallways. The human thought it was necessary for Ariel to go to school, make her fit in more. Ariel had seen what school was like from up above; it seemed like a version of hell to her.

"Oh come on," Matt groaned when Ariel stopped moving again. "School is completely harmless."

Ariel looked at Matt and narrowed her eyes. "Matt, I don't know anything about any of the subjects that are on my schedule. An angel doesn't go to school."

Matt took Ariel's hand again and led her into the history classroom for first period. Alaric Saltzman – the history teacher – looked up from his desk and greeted Ariel; Matt had informed him about the new supernatural girl in town. "Pleasure to meet you Ariel, I'm Alaric Saltzman. I know about the whole supernatural, you'll do fine here."

Ariel stared at everyone in the classroom as they took their seats. She was hoping someone in this room would be the one she was supposed to protect. Sadly, it was no one in the room and they all gave her awkward stares.

"Hey, I know I'm hot, but can you please stop staring?" Ariel looked to see a guy about her height smirk at her.

Matt came up behind Ariel. "You have just met the biggest dick in this school; Tyler meet Ariel, Ariel meet Tyler."

Instead of shaking hands Ariel walked by him and sat in the back. She didn't want to be here, but Matt dragged her to school only to fit in to Mystic Falls.

__________

"Tell who that is again," Ariel pointed to the blonde at lunch.

Tyler looked to where she was pointing. "That's Caroline. She's dating me, also she's a vampire."

"Okay so Elena's a human, Jeremy's Elena's brother and he's human too. Then there's Bonnie who's a witch, Tyler you're a hybrid, and the original vampires are in town?" Ariel questioned Matt and Tyler.

Matt nodded. "Yeah, but there's still more to the family. Rebekah, Klaus, and Elijah are the ones who are alive right now."

Ariel looked around the area again only to see a guy push down a kid who was in his way. "Who's that?"

"That's Stefan Salvatore; Damon's brother. He turned off his emotions since he's a vampire as well. I'd steer clear from him if I were you," Tyler informed her. "Hey I gotta go, you two good?"

Ariel and Matt nodded while Tyler ran off to Caroline. Matt turned to Ariel and asked, "Hey so our homecoming dance is tonight. I know you've never been to one, but do you wanna go?"

"That's actually a good idea, maybe my special person will be there," Ariel grinned. "But yes, I'll go with you Matt."

"Be ready by 7?" Matt asked.

"Yep sounds good."

___________

Matt parked his car in front of a house and Ariel furrowed her eyebrows together. "Um this isn't school."

Matt shut the car off and sighed, "Remember Rebekah? I kind of forgot I promised her to take her to homecoming."

Ariel just nodded and got out with Matt. They went up to the door and knocked. A girl opened the door and Matt smiled, "Elena."