08. rituals

( s3, e15: all my children )

*5+ comments for next chapter. none that say 'update' please. thank you!*

ARIEL WALKED into Matt's room to check on him one more time before she was heading out. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm okay. Go out, have some fun," he said, but then stopped her. "I know you're mad at Kol and I'm extremely pissed at him. But, don't throw him out of your life just because of me."

Ariel simply just nodded as she stepped out of the house and into her car. She still felt the urge to be with Kol ever since she left him last night. Once she got at the Mystic Grill, Caroline met her at the entrance.

"Hey!" The blonde greeted her. "I need you to do me a favor."

"What?" Ariel asked.

Damon had given orders to Caroline for Ariel to distract Kol the whole night while she distracted Klaus. Esther was planning on killing her whole family and that would mean Kol would die. Everyone knew that Ariel could never find out, but Bonnie and Stefan weren't very fond of that idea.

"You're making up with Kol," Caroline dragged Ariel in before she could reject anything. "And look hot too."

Ariel and Caroline walked into Mystic Grill with Kol's eyes landing on his angel. His heart hurt as the two made eye contact with each other.

"I remember her from last night," Kol told Klaus, trying to get Ariel off of his mind. "Tasty little thing isn't she?"

Klaus smirked as he said, "And there's your little guardian. Gorgeous little thing isn't she?"

Kol shoved Klaus as the two girls made their way up to them. "Caroline, Ariel," Klaus stopped them. "Care to join us for a drink?"

"Mm, I'd rather die of thirst, but thanks," Caroline turned around and strutted away from them. Ariel was left behind and she looked to see Klaus get up and go after her.

"Sit down, I'll buy you a drink," Kol offered.

Ariel wanted to say no. She wanted to get back in her car and drive back to her house, but there was something in her head telling her to stay with Kol. So, she did. Ariel sat down in the stool where Klaus was sitting and Kol slid her a drink.

"I just wanted to apologize for my behavior last night," Kol started out with. "Matt didn't deserve that."

Ariel scoffed as she set her glass down. "He has a broken wrist now thanks to you."

Kol took her hands in his and looked her in the eyes. "I'm sorry. To make it up to you...um, how about we play a game of pool?"

"What's pool?" Ariel asked as Kol led her to the pool table.

He gave her a stick and set the balls on the rack. "I'll show you. Just, come here."

Ariel went to where Kol was and she held the pool stick out to where the tip was facing the white ball. Kol slid his hands onto her arms and directed her how to shoot. Her back was pressed up against his as their skin tingled against each others.

"Now just shoot," Kol whispered into her ear. She pushed the pool stick forward and it hit the white ball, it rolling to the colored ones and making them roll everywhere.