17. bonding time

( s4, e3: the rager )

*10+ comments for next chapter. none that say 'update' please. thank you!*
_____________

THE LAST thing Ariel wanted to do today was go to school. Kol had made her go since he needed to go out of town for a couple days. She wanted to go with him, but he insisted that she stayed and watched over the town.

Ariel walked down the halls on her way to her next period, until she saw Matt at his locker. "Hey."

Matt turned around and smiled at her, but hid his wrist behind his back. "Ariel, hey! Surprised you actually came here."

"Kol made me. He said he needed to go out of town for a few days," The angel noticed Matt's odd behavior as he only tried to grab a stack of books with one hand. "How about using your other hand to pick up those books?"

"No, no, no I got it–" Ariel snatched his wrist to see a bandage wrapped around it. When Matt left the house earlier today, he didn't have it on. "I accidentally cut myself in Bio."

"Or you're Elena's human blood bag!" Ariel whispered, but made sure that her voice at enough anger in it. "I can't let you give yourself up like this. One day Elena's going to lose control and possibly kill you."

Matt slammed his locker door shut. "She saved my life Ariel, this is the least I can do for her."

Ariel was about to fire back, but Rebekah came up to the two. "Hey guys. So I'm having a little party, you guys should ditch last period and come."

Ariel hadn't talked to Rebekah since she sent Matt and Elena into the river; Matt was in the same boat as he didn't want to speak to the blonde original.

Rebekah sighed when the two didn't say anything. "Look, I'm sorry about running you off the bridge, and Ariel not telling you I was going to do that. But you have to understand Alaric killed my brother. He was trying to kill me, I had to do something to stop him. I never wanted to hurt any of you."

Matt rolled his eyes and walked away, but Ariel stayed behind. She turned towards Rebekah and said, "I would've done the same. If it were Kol...I'd do anything for him."

Before Rebekah could say anything, Ariel left. She rounded the corner and saw Connor pinning Matt against the wall. She grabbed the hunter's shoulders and pushed him back and onto the floor. "Leave him alone!"

Connor got up on his knees and started to pray. "Please please please forgive me angel. I did not mean to hurt him or you in any way."

Ariel had a 'what the fuck' face on as she watched Connor do this. The hunter looked up at the angel and added on, "I just needed to know the other vampire that went to this school. Matt here told me who."

Ariel turned around at the human and clenched her fists. "And who did you say?"

Matt gulped when he realized he was in serious trouble. "Rebekah Mikaelson."

_____________

Ariel walked in the messy house that was now owned by Rebekah. The party had ended and she needed to make sure her friend was okay. She walked into her bedroom to see the blonde passed out on her bed.

"Way to bail on your own party," Ariel laughed as she sat down on the bed.

Rebekah slowly woke up and looked around her room. "I – I just needed a minute to myself. Did everyone leave?"

"Yep," Ariel nodded her head. "But your house is a mess and I'm not cleaning it up."

"Why are you here?" Rebekah asked, changing the topic quickly. "I thought you and Matt both hated me."

Ariel scooted closer to her so she was laying right beside her. "I talked to you earlier today Bekah, it's called 'breaking the ice'. I'm done being mad at you. You're my best friend, and I need you in my life right now."

Rebekah smiled gratefully and hugged the angel. Lately, she was feeling lonely and unwanted, but Ariel was making everything better.

"And don't worry," Ariel continued. "Matt will come around eventually. He so likes you, he just doesn't want to admit it."

______________

The door opened and Matt came walking through. It was late at night and Ariel was wondering where he was. However, she was now even more concerned when his wrist was dripping blood.

"What the hell Matt?" Ariel stormed out of the kitchen and towards him. "You allowed Elena to feed on you again?"

Matt stared blankly at her. "I went to her house, she fed a little, and I left."

Ariel knew when there was vampire compulsion, and this was definitely a sign; he was speaking in a monotone voice when he was answering the question. "Matt tell me the truth."

"I went to Elena's house so she can feed, then she got out of control and almost hurt me–" Matt suddenly stopped as he realized what he was saying. "Ariel don't do anything!"

It was too late though, Ariel had stormed out of the house and walked the short distance to the Gilbert's house. She didn't knock, instead she broke down the door and walked upstairs.

"Hey Ariel what are you doing here?" Jeremy asked as he passed her walking down the stairs.

Ariel didn't answer, but instead she went into Elena's room where she was getting ready for bed. The angel wrapped her hand around her throat and pushed her against the wall. "You better find a way to drink those blood bags or I swear to god you'll be sent to hell faster in a blink of an eye! Matt is my family, you don't hurt him and you never will."

Ariel let go of Elena. She tried to attack her, but Ariel used her powers to throw her against the wall. "Too easy," The brunette mumbled before walking out of the room and back to her house.

____________

lmaooo woops i'm making elena seem like such a bitch in this. BUT ARIEL PUT HER IN HER PLACE AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS.

and i'm glad i have rebekah & ariel back as friends because they are too adorable #ineedashipnameforthem

and i liked writing about ariel without kol, but he's coming back next chapter bc babe

make sure to vote and comment!