03. no control

( s3, e10: the new deal )

ARIEL WALKED back through the woods as she hadn't drove. The air was cool enough that the walk was bearable, but her legs were still killing her. An arrow then flew by her face and into the tree behind her.

"Sorry!" Tyler called out to her as he ran over to her. "Blame Jeremy."

Ariel looked to see a brunette haired boy setting down his crossbow. Ariel walked up to him. "Jeremy Gilbert, nice to meet you."

He smiled at her and shook her hand. "You must be Ariel Summers. Tyler talks about you all the time–"

"Okay shut up Jer," Tyler interrupted him. "Anyways, do you wanna get wasted with us?"

Ariel shook her head, "I've never got wasted before."

Tyler's mouth fell open as Jeremy laughed at him. "You've never gotten wasted before?"

"No. It's bad for you, I'm an angel so I don't make mistakes. Remember?"

"Have one at least," Jeremy handed her a beer can and she took it.

Ariel drank the beer and sighed in relief; this is definitely what she needed. Jeremy picked up his crossbow and shot at the can on the log. He hit it perfectly and it got knocked off. "Wow, you're good at this."

"Thanks, you wanna try?" Jeremy asks offering her the crossbow.

Ariel hesitated for a second, but took it. "Why not." She loaded the crossbow and aimed at the other beer can bottle. She shot released the trigger and the arrow almost hit Tyler, luckily he caught it with his hybrid heightened senses. "Woops. Sorry!"

Tyler laughed. "It's fine, other than the fact you almost stabbed a hole in my neck."

Ariel finished her beer and opened another one. She at least drank five more before feeling woozy and sitting on the floor. "Ugh my head hurts."

Jeremy picked up Ariel, "I think it's time we get you back to Matt's."

Jeremy and Tyler drove Ariel back to Matt's place. Matt met them out front and he carried her inside.

"Bye hot boys!" Ariel waved to Tyler and Jeremy as they went back into the car.

Matt set her on the couch. "Why the hell did you think it would be a good idea to get wasted with Tyler and Jeremy?"

"Tyler offered it to me though," Ariel whined. "And I honestly couldn't resist. It was so good."

"I'm going to get some Advil, stay there," Matt walked to go upstairs and Ariel sat up.

Something in her told her to walk to the kitchen, so she did. Ariel went over to a drawer and took out a knife. The voice in her head told her to put the knife away, but she couldn't. She raised the knife, ready to stab herself.

"What do you mean you almost died?" Matt asked over the phone as he grabbed the Advil.

"One of Klaus' hybrids almost ran me over, but Alaric saved me. I know Tyler had something to do with it and he gave Ariel way too many drinks. I think he put something in it, just please keep an eye on her," Jeremy informed Matt.

Matt dropped the Advil as he ran downstairs. Jeremy sighed, "You left her alone didn't you?"

"What do you think she'll – Ariel no!" Matt yelled as Ariel plunged the knife into her abdomen.

She cried out in pain as she fell to the ground, blood seeping everywhere. Jeremy asked what was going on, but Matt dropped his phone on the ground as he rushed to help Ariel. Matt grabbed a cloth and held it against her wound.

"I'll heal," Ariel mumbled as she clutched the cloth against her wound.

Matt shook his head in panic. "No we need you to get to a hospital now." He dialed 911 and soon enough they were showing up at his house, taking Ariel away on the stretcher.

__________

Ariel slowly woke up and saw she was in a hospital bed, although she had her normal clothes on. Matt lifted his head from the chair beside her bed as he realized she was awake. "Hey, how are you feeling?"

Ariel lifted up her shirt and was confused when the wound was completely gone. "What happened?"

"Damon hurried the healing process by giving you some of his blood. He also compelled the nurses to let you go," Matt told her.

Ariel nodded and climbed out of the bed, Matt helping her. They walked outside and saw Alaric and Jeremy.

"Woah what happened to Ariel?" Alaric asked as the two walked up to them.

"Tyler put something to where she somehow was compelled, but I don't know when," Matt informed them.

Jeremy's body filled with rage as he looked at the blood stain on Ariel's shirt; Klaus was going to pay for this.

Ariel. She turned around at the mention of her name, but saw no one. It didn't sound like Alaric, Jeremy, or Matt's voice; it sounded like...Kol's. Kol? She called out in her head. How can we talk like this? It's creeping me out.

Me too. Ariel replied to him. Probably to do something with our connection. I know you're worried that you won't ever get out of that coffin. But don't worry, I will get you out of there.

You are the best Ariel Summers.

"Hey Ariel, you ready to go?" Matt asked as he saw her staring into the distance.

Ariel snapped out of it and smiled at Matt, "Yeah I'm ready."

__________

i might skip an episode or two because i feel like i would be dragging out the story. but i love matt and ariel's friendship so much; they care about each other and will be there for each other no matter what.

what girl would you like ariel to grow a bond with?

make sure to vote and comment :)

-brooke