15. distractions

( season 4, episode 1: growing pains )

*10+ comments for next chapter, none that say 'update' please. thank you!*
___________

"WHY ISN'T she waking up?"

It was the next morning and Kol was still at
Ariel's side. She was laying in her bed, still passed out. Her heart was still beating, which was good, but why wouldn't she wake up? Matt was also at her side; he had gotten released from the hospital this morning as Kol had compelled the doctors to.

Matt Donovan was a complete wreck. He had gotten the news that Elena had died because Stefan saved him instead of her. Then there was Ariel. He had heard her say to the paramedic that she was 'Ariel Donovan'. Matt had the weight of two girls death on his shoulders; he also had an original vampire who was beyond heartbroken and pissed right across from him.

"Kol...I'm so sorry," Matt finally broke the silence between them. "I wish I could've told her to stop but–"

"It's fine Matt," Kol interrupted him. He was feeling sympathy for the human across from him and didn't want to start a fight. "Ariel loves you like a brother, she would die for you in a heartbeat."

This had only made Matt more depressed. Kol was being really nice to him; everything was messed up in the span of these past 24 hours. The two men jolted when Ariel screamed herself awake.

"Bloody hell! Ariel, shh," Kol took her screaming body in his arms and tried to sooth her.

Matt went into the kitchen to grab her a glass of water. Once he got back, Ariel had calmed down, but she was still in Kol's arms.

Matt ran over to the bed and set the glass of water on the table side. "Oh my god Ariel, I was so worried about you! Before you say anything, I need you to know that I'm so thankful for what you did for me. Thank you, how could I repay you?"

Ariel shut her eyes briefly to take in what Matt had just said. She also needed a moment to recover from the hell experience she was dreaming of. Instead of speaking first, Ariel hugged her brother-like figure. "I did what I needed to do to save you. You're like family to me Matt, I'd do anything for you."

Matt pulled away from the hug and smiled as a tear rolled down his cheek. "I'll give you two a moment."

Kol nodded his head in a 'thank you' manor as Matt left the room. He turned to talk to Ariel, but she was sitting next to him. He looked at her weirdly before she quickly leaned in and kissed him. It was a very long and fiery kiss; it had Ariel's love for the man and Kol's desire for the brunette all combined into this moment. The angel noticed he was growing his hair out and she loved every moment of it. Her hands grabbed the strands of hair as they continued their long kiss.

Kol pulled away. He didn't want to, but he wanted to know what was going on. "I would love to continue this kiss, trust me, but what happened when you were asleep? What did you see?"

"That can wait," The fiery environment of Hell replayed in her mind. "Right now, I need a distraction."

Without another word, Ariel took her shirt off and looked at Kol. He couldn't deny the beauty that sat in front of him. So, he gave in on his lust and ripped the rest of the clothing off of her.