Cancer (f) x Taurus (m)

Cancer put down the curling iron and added a bit of mascara to her long eyelashes. When she finished, she looked in her full length mirror and did a little twirl while wearing her favourite red dress. It was almost time to go on her date with Taurus.

Cancer always kind of liked Taurus, but she never expected him to ask her out. Cancer was nervous, and she didn't want to mess up or make Taurus think she was a fool.

It will be fine. I just have to make him see how special I am and if he likes me, then he'll maybe want to go on another date. She went downstairs and looked out her window until she saw a car in her driveway. Cancer ran outside and jumped into the passengers seat. She looked up at Taurus.

"Excited?" chuckled Taurus.

"Yeah."

"I am too." He then drove to the restaurant.

When they arrived, Taurus jumped out of the car and opened Cancer's door for her before she could get out. This made her smile, at least Taurus was a gentleman.

***

"Enjoying your food?" asked Cancer.

"Yeah. This stuff is really good."

"I know right! This place also has AMAZING service. I'm definitely leaving a tip for the waiter."

"I'm glad to hear that. If you take a girl on a date, you have to make sure it's somewhere she'll enjoy the food."

"Well, you did a good job at picking a good place."

"I suppose I did."

Cancer bit her lip and slowly looked up into Taurus' eyes. "Are you as nervous about this date as I am?"

"Yes."

"Okay. Good thing I'm not the only one."

"Wait. YOU'RE nervous being around ME?"

"Umm yeah?"

"Wow. All this time I've been super nervous around you."

"What? I've been nervous around you because I've had a crush on you!" She froze as she realized what she said, and waited for his reaction.

"What? No way! I've always had a crush on YOU."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah."

"If only I had known this sooner."

"Me too, but we can't have our time back, so let's just enjoy the present while it lasts."

***

  The next day, Taurus and Cancer were at the park holding hands. They were at the flower garden, looking at all the different plants and insects.

Cancer excitedly tapped Taurus on the shoulder. "Look! Sprinkler!"

"So?"

"Come on!" Cancer let go of Taurus' hand and jumped over the sprinkler, getting her clothes wet. "You know you want to join in."

"Nah. I'll just watch you."

"What? Afraid your friends will see you?"

"Of course not!"

"Then join me."

"I don't think-"

Cancer walked over to him with puppy eyes. "Please?"

"Fine." Suddenly, him and Cancer were holding hands while running through the sprinkler.

Cancer laughed. "I'm completely soaked."

"You're the one that wanted to run through a sprinkler."

"Hey, I'm not complaining."

"I heard hugging someone helps you dry off faster."

"Let's test that theory." Cancer and Taurus sat down in the warm sun hugging each other.

Taurus sighed. "Running through the sprinkler was actually pretty fun."

"That's why you should listen to me more often."

"I guess I will." He leaned in and kissed her. "I've been wanting to do that for a while now."

"Me too!"

"After we dry off, want to get some ice cream?"

"Sure."

"I'm glad I finally got to ask you out."

"Yeah. I'm just glad you're such a nice person."

"I'm glad you're really nice too."

"Wait. I want to try something."

"Okay." Cancer started to tickle Taurus. "Cancer stop! I'm very ticklish."

"Too bad."

After a while, Taurus tried to tickle her but Cancer wasn't very ticklish.

Cancer chuckled. "Want to go get some ice cream now?"

"Sure. But you have to be ticklish somewhere! Maybe it's the bottom of your feet."

"Keep trying."