Aries (f) x Cancer (m)

*** This chapter and the ones after it are under editing, read at own risk***

Aries was getting ready to go to work. She tied her hair up and glanced in the mirror to make sure she looked alright. Then she walked out of her house. On the sidewalk next to her, was her co-worker Cancer. Aries raised her hand and waved. Cancer smiled and waved back. Everyday, Cancer was always two steps ahead of Aries.

Aries glanced at Cancer. For some reason, he was grinning.

"What's so funny?" asked Aries.

Cancer shrugged. "Nothing at all. Just keep walking at a normal pace."

Aries decided not to question it. Cancer was an odd dude to begin with. Then Cancer's phone fell out of his back pocket. Aries picked it up and took a selfie before running to catch up with Cancer.

Aries tapped Cancer on the shoulder. "Hey! You dropped your phone!"

"Ahhh! Stay away!" shrieked Cancer.

"I was just giving your phone back."

"Thanks." Then Cancer snatched his phone and sped up.

"What's wrong with you?"

Cancer turned around and jogged backwards. "I've been winning for the last two months. I am not going to let you beat me today!" Then he turned back around and sprinted to work.

Aries smirked. If he wants a race, I'll give him a race! Be prepared Cancer, tomorrow I'm wearing my running shoes to work!

***

The next day, Aries was all ready to go to work. She peeped out the window and watched carefully until she saw Cancer walking by. Aries ran out the door and sprinted ahead of Cancer.

"HEY! I WILL NOT LET YOU BEAT ME!" Then Cancer sprinted after Aries.

Aries turned around and stuck her tongue out. "Catch up slowpoke!"

"Aries watch ou-" Aries turned around and ran into a pole. "Ouch." She fell on her leg and injured it.

Cancer debated running ahead of her, but he decided to make sure Aries was alright. "Um... are you okay? You hit that pole pretty hard."

Aries groaned and rubbed her forehead. "I'll be fine."

"Need any help? You don't look all that fine to me."

"I'm hurt but I'll be fine. Go on ahead of me."

"Here." Cancer extended his hand. Aries took it and he helped her up.

"Thanks." Aries smiled and limped forward.

"You're limping. Just take the day off."

"Nah. I've played sports with swollen limbs before, working with an injured leg is nothing."

"No Aries. You could hurt yourself further."

"Injuries never stopped me. Besides, all I do is sit at a desk all day, it's not like I need to be able to walk much."

Cancer sighed. "Fine." Then he wrapped Aries' arm around his shoulders so she could use him for support.

***

Aries was sitting at her desk eating an apple. It was lunch time and she was so caught up trying to beat Cancer that she forgot to pack a lunch.

"Hey. I... uh... I wanted to make sure you were alright a-and I went to subway for lunch. You only ran into that pole because you were racing me, so I felt bad. A-anyway, heres a sub. You like steak subs right?"

Aries glanced up to see a nervous Cancer. She smiled. "Oh my god thank you, you're my hero! I forgot to pack a lunch." Aries greedily devoured the sub.

Cancer grinned. "You're welcome. Uh, you can always r-rely on me!"

"How much do I owe you for the sub?"

"Nothing! It's, it's my treat!"

"Aww that's so sweet of you. Thanks Cancer!"

"You're welcome!" Then Cancer skipped back to his desk and unwrapped his own sub. He was smiling like an idiot for the rest of the day. Aries is an awesome person, I really want to be her friend! I guess that's why I'm so nervous around her...

***

The next day, Aries hopped to work with a pair of crutches.

"Normally i'd race you. But that would be cruel."

Aries turned around and saw Cancer smiling at her. "Hey."

"You, you dropped your w-water!" Cancer caught up to Aries and handed her the water bottle.

"Oh. Must of slid out of my bag." Aries put the water in her bag and zipped it up completely. "Thanks."

"Y-you're welcome!" Cancer blushed lightly.

"What's with the sudden nervousness?" questioned Aries.

"I-I-I don't know. I'm never shy like this!"

Aries smiled. The she stopped walking. Cancer also stopped walking. Then Aries placed a kiss on Cancer's cheek. "That's a thank you for being a good friend."

Cancer's entire face was blood red. "Uh, y-yeah I'm glad that, that I could be a good f-friend!"

Aries playfully elbowed him. "Aww Cancer I love you too!"

"WHAT? Oh, OH! You were joking! Haha I love you too hahahaha."

"So, maybe when my leg heals we can go see a movie or something?"

"As-as friends? Uh that sounds great!"

"I know you like me. That's why I'm asking you on a date."

"WHAT?" Cancer smiled from ear to ear. "THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!"

Aries smiled. "Great. Pass me your phone and I'll add my number." Cancer eagerly passed Aries his phone and she added herself in his contacts.

"Awesome! Here's my number!" Then Cancer handed Aries a piece of paper with his number on it.

"See you at work!" Then Aries hopped forward.

Cancer smiled. "Yeah, see ya!"