Chapter 2

"What the hell was that?!" Aria slammed the door after we entered the house. Dropping my bag by the steps, I twisted my head to face her.

An innocent look fell on my face as I spoke, "I don't know what you're talking about."

Turning around, I made my way to the kitchen. Footsteps could be heard behind me, meaning I was about to be lectured.

Rolling my eyes, I grabbed an apple and hopped on the chair – waiting for the inevitable.

Aria stormed in, her face matched the colour of her red hair. Fist clenched she stopped on the opposite side of me by the island table. Her hands slammed on the table as she leaned on them while facing me.

"I told you to stay away from him, not immediately go and make him your enemy!" she yelled, her green eyes darkening in anger.

One of my brows rose, "You told me to stay away from him?" I took a bite of my apple as I tried to recall the memory.

"Yes! In the morning!" Aria threw her hands up when she saw my blank face, meaning I was confused. "I told you specifically to just wait. I know that Leon would have noticed you because he always goes after all the new students."

"Even the guys?" I asked in surprise.

She pinched the bridge of her nose, "No, just the girls." Aria looked like she was about to explode, thankfully she just let out a deep breath.

"I guess it's too late now since you just challenged the guy – which reminds me, why did you do that?" she asked and I shrugged.

She sighed, "I just don't want you to get hurt."

She looked at me with concern but I could see the hurt in her eyes.

Guess she's still not over him I thought.

 I just blinked at her while munching on my apple.

Aria let out a frustrated sigh, "You know what – Do whatever you want." And then she left, making me blink again.

Pushing my glasses up my nose, I got off the chair and went to go watch some TV. While waiting for it to turn on, I remembered the stunned faces of everyone from the cafeteria when I left Leon standing there.

Since I was alone, I let out a short laugh.

My face fell to its blank state when I couldn't recall the last time I laughed freely or showed any emotion.

I forgot what it feels like...

***

I yawned as I placed my books in my locker. I could feel the stares and glares at the back of my head but I paid no mind to it, though that got hard when a sudden wave of mixed, heavy perfume filled my nose.

I sneezed and blocked my nose with my hand. Turning my head to the right, I was surprised I didn't hear them creep up on me with those large heels.

There standing before me where three girls dressed in the smallest things I've ever seen.

I've had my fair share of seeing small skanky tops and skirt in New York but this beats the slutty-ness.

Slamming my locker closed, I turned away from them and was about to walk away when one of them grabbed my arm. Their extremely long claws dug into my skin as she pulled me back and then dropped my hand like it had some disease.

Maybe she should look at herself, I'm sure she'll find more than one disease in her.

My thoughts were interrupted by a squeaky voice.

"Hey I'm talking to you!" really? I must be getting good with this whole ignoring thing.

Sighing, I showed her my bored look. The chick sneered but I just tilted my head to the other side.

"Leon is mine! And if you ev-"

God, don't these girls have anything better to do? Like go jump a jock in the janitors' closet.

My eyes were drooping as she kept shouting but everything went in one ear and came out the other. To pass time, I pulled my glasses off and started to clean them with the hem of my shirt. I yawned while slowly rubbing the mark on my glasses.

Maybe I should start using my contacts...

I could vaguely hear the snickers in the background and an aggravated, high pitched scream.

The chick stomped her foot in anger and screeched, "Listen to me bitch!"

Not even a flinch, I placed the glasses back on my nose and then gave her a hard stare – one that could easily bring a man to his knees, based on a true story, you know.

The girls flinched at the intensity, my lips curled into a small smirk – the same one I gave Leon.

I wish I never thought about his name because as soon as I did, he appeared.

Great, more people to annoy me, I thought with an eye roll.

A heavy arm went around my shoulder, adding more weight to carry. Rolling my eyes, I was about to push him off when an idea came to mind. I wrapped my arm around his waist and looked up at him with a fake smile.

Leon looked down at me in surprise and the girls growled, even the ones watching on the side line.

Jealous much?

Brushing off their daggers, I made my face look relieved to have him here even though I just want to walk away. Squeezing his waist a little, I said, "Thank God you're here. I've been looking everywhere for you." I bit my bottom lip for added effect.

Leon' brows rose in surprise while that smirk on his lips turned cocky.

"I knew you couldn't resist me." he leaned closer but I stayed where I was.

I'm immune to whatever charms he has.

"Yes, because now I can finally tell you." Leon moved closer until our foreheads where touching.

Gasps could be heard around us and even some wolf whistles, but I just ignored them and continued on with my plan.

His eyes were hooded when they landed on my lips, Leon's voice turn husky as he spoke. "And what would that be?"

Playing along, I tilted my head to seem like I was going to kiss him but instead I spoke icily, "You need to keep an eye on all your whores." I pointed to the gaping girls. "Wouldn't want them to pass on your STDs, now do we?"

Smirking, I pushed his chest to make him stumble back. I looked towards the fuming girls and said, "Why don't you do me a favor and keep him-" I nodded towards a pissed off Leon, "-away from me. It'll make us both happy."

With one last look at Leon, I started to walk away down the hall.

"I will get you for that princess. Just you wait." Leon's promise echoed through the hall.

My steps didn't falter as I turned my head to give him one last smirk and then I turned back.

 I'll be waiting.

***

A/N

Why cant i have Jade's cool collected attitude when it comes to guys?!! 

Is it to much to ask to be normal in front of guys?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY YOU HATE ME WORLD?!!!!