Chapter 1 - The Upper Side

Draco Malfoy lived a privileged, high life. He was the only child of Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy, born into an old, wealthy pure-blood family. Everything in his life seemed perfect; he got whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted. He lived in a huge, handsome manor house known as the Malfoy Manor in the Upper Side of Whiltshire, England and wore the finest tailored clothes, had good grades, and had the confidence and skill to manipulate his way to power.
"Draco! Breakfast is ready!" Narcissa Malfoy called from the kitchen downstairs in the Malfoy Manor.
"Coming Mother!" Draco called back. "Locomotor trunk," he said pointing his wand at his trunk and it raised into the air as he directed it downstairs.

Draco was a slender boy with perfectly styled white-blond hair, grey eyes and a soft complexion. Today he wore a smart dark grey shirt with black pants and black dress shoes. He always took time with his appearance because he knew no matter what anyone said, appearance was extremely important.
"Hurry! The Burke's will be here soon. Your father's hired a Ministry car to take you to the station." Narcissa told him as he walked into the dining room and sat at the old table.
Draco mumbled a repsonse then began eating his breakfast. His fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry was awaiting and he was not excited to be going back.

Not long after Draco had started eating, there was a knock at the door. He heard his mother rush out of the kitchen to answer it. The grand door creaked open and two sets of footsteps and voices entered the house.
"Draco's just finishing breakfast, he's in the dining room, dear." Draco heard Narcissa say, "Lucius! Laurel is here with Alexia!" She called up the hallway.
After a few minutes, one pair of the footsteps came closer down the hallway and into the dining room. The familiar girl entered the room, "Draco," she said, greeting her close friend. The girl was blessed with good looks, and she knew she was. She wore a dark blue pencil skirt with a light pink, short sleeved blouse. Her dark blonde hair was in a high ponytail, the lengths curled perfectly. She was the girl other girls envied. She was smart, confident, attractive, popular and had all the boys falling to her knees. She was Alexia Burke. The Queen Bee of Hogwarts.

"Goodmorning Alexia," Draco replied standing and taking her hand and placed a small kiss on it.
Alexia smirked, "Such a charmer you are, Malfoy."
"Just for you." he said.
Alexia was in the same year as Draco and as they had grown up spending a lot of time together because their fathers were both Death Eaters, the two were great friends. The Burke's were Pure-bloods like the Malfoy's and Laurel Burke had heavily relied on Lucius to help her through the past 15 years after her husband, Rufus Burke, had been sent to Azkaban being caught (unlike Lucius) as a Death Eater.
Alexia walked around the table, "I heard you got Prefect." She said pacing.
"I did," He replied, "Father told me you didn't."

Alexia stopped, "Nope," she shortly said. 
Draco knew Alexia was angered at this, but she wouldn't let her guard down, ever. "I don't understand why the hell you didn't." He said. "What did your mum think?"
"Of course she blamed it on Dumbledore and then had a go at me, telling me I should be making my father proud."
"You should have got it. You're great-great Grandmother would have selected you." Draco insisted. Alexia was the great-great grandaughter of Elizabeth Burke, who was once a headmistress at Hogwarts. Not only did Alexia have the pressure of living up to her social status, she also had to live up to her family name, and Draco knew that she, the girl who always got what she wanted, would not have reacted well about not becoming a Prefect.
"I know she would have." Alexia said narcissisticly.
"We could have been the perfect duo." Draco said smoothly. Like always, he tried his hardest to seduce Alexia. Draco always charmed girls and would sleep around only to break their hearts the next morning. He could get all the girls he wanted, yet he always thought Alexia was something special. The two were so alike and she was perfect; her perfection needed violating.
"What a shame!" She sarcastically said ignoring his irresistible gesture that she was used to by now, she knew he only wanted her for the sex, "Who was the other person who got it?" she asked.
Draco hesitated before speaking, "Parkinson." Pansy Parkinson. Alexia's best friend; or at least for now, Draco thought.
"Oh," Alexia said sounding surprised, "Pansy."
"Yeah, thought she would have told you."
"She hasn't spoken to me all summer. She hasn't replied to any of my owls and she still hasn't told me why she left Hogwarts early last year." Alexia admitted.
Draco avoided Alexia's glance. He knew why, but it wasn't exactly his to tell, or something he wanted to tell her anyway.
Thankfully, Narcissa, Lucius and Laurel entered the kitchen before he could think of something to say.
"Good morning Mr Malfoy!" Alexia said, walking over towards him.
"How many times must I tell you Alexia? Please, call me Lucius." Lucius insisted placing his hand on her shoulder in acknowledgement.
"Oh, but Mr Malfoy, it's just not the same!" Alexia melodramatically said smiling with charm.