Chapter 33 - Hogwarts or Torture

Alexia and Draco made their way to platform Nine and Three Quarters the next morning swiftly and stylishly. Draco was dressed in smart black pants and a dark grey shirt, his sleeves rolled up in a careless yet sexy manner, and Alexia wore a white blouse, tucked into a high-waisted black skirt that sat on her small thighs and wore a bright yellow blazer-type jacket over the top. Her hair was down but she had braided back the section of hair which always fell across her face. A few of the younger witches whispered compliments on her fashion to their friends as she walked beside Draco and Lucius through the crowd. But for her, today wasn't about compliments; she didn't want people speaking to her, she wanted people fearing her.

There was always two sides to Alexia. The side only her cronies knew - the one who laughed and smiled - and the one everyone else had to experience. The side that took pride in taunting and mocking. The side which people hated. The girl who did nothing but smirk and make your life hell if you ever tried to stand up to her. But even before you could, you had two brutes on you, making a sport out of throwing their fists into your body. The girl with Slytherin blood in her veins. The girl with dark beliefs. The girl who was an evil witch. And not metaphorically. Literally.

•••

Once boarding the train, Alexia and Draco met Pansy, Daphne, Crabbe and Goyle in one of the carriages. They discussed their Easter break before Pansy and Draco departed to the prefect carriage.
"How is your studying going, Daph?" Alexia asked, taking a Potions textbook from her bag.
"Quite well. What about you?" Daphne replied.
"Good, thank you. But I need to get perfect results, so I need to keep working extremely hard." Alexia informed her.

There were only a few more weeks until examinations began, so although the study halls and library were busy and packed at Hogwarts, the hallways and grounds were now quiet and empty. The feast was extravagant and large like usual. Dumbledore no longer sat in his elaborate seat at the staff table; Professor Umbridge now occupied it. A crease had developed on her forehead over the Easter break, yet she concealed her stress with her wide, toad-like grin.
After dinner, the students returned to their common rooms. The notice boards were filled with pieces of parchment reading announcements and information for the coming weeks. Quidditch training, final club meetings, overdue books, and the examination timetable. O.W.L.'s were to take place in the final two weeks of the term. The exams during the first week were Charms, Transfiguration, Herbology, Defence Against the Dark Arts and Study of Ancient Runes. The second week was Potions, Care of Magical Creatures, Astronomy, Divination, Arithmacy and History of Magic.

Draco and Alexia barely had the time to think about each other during the first week back. Studying, Inquisitorial Squad duties and end of term activities were consuming all their spare time. Although this continued into the second week, towards the end, the two both were looking for a brief yet pleasurable escape from studying. Knowing they couldn't exactly do what they wanted to do or see who they wanted to see, they distracted themselves.

"Hey," Alexia said to Draco, as she passed him on the way to the Slytherin Dungeons.
"Hello Al," Draco replied.
"I've hardly seen you at all lately, this studying is taking over my life." Alexia sighed.
"I know what you mean," Draco agreed.
"I think all the fifth-years are having a night off tonight, all I overheard on the way down here was what everyone is doing." Alexia said. "Or who." she added.
"Wish I could discuss that second one," Draco murmured.
"You can't exactly do me tonight... or for a while." Alexia said.
"Yeah, I know. But can't we just forget what everyone thinks? I hate waiting and I know you do too."
"Draco! That will just sabotage our reputation and names!" Alexia exclaimed, "I can't even believe we're discussing this here! Someone's probably listening!"
"Alexia relax!"
"No- I need to go. See you around, Draco."

Once Alexia had left and not long after Draco had too, the portrait of Elizabeth Burke opened up and out of it came dark-haired, devious Evangeline Eskers. The painting flew shut and Eva slid away, unseen or unheard, into the darkness of the dungeons with the knowledge of Draco and Alexia's dirty little secret.