Chapter 19 - Déjà Vu

"Guess what's coming up!" Alexia exclaimed as she walked to the library on Saturday with Daphne and Eva. The first week already had flown by.
"What?" Eva asked.
"Valentine's day!" Alexia said, "And I need a date!"
"Who's it going to be this year?" Daphne asked.
"That's the thing, we need to find someone. We need to do some early research because a lot of boys are going to ask me, and I can't go saying yes just because they're good looking. He needs to be perfect!"
"We're not going to make those flyers that we handed out to almost every boy a few years ago, are we?" Daphne asked.
"Actually, that's a good idea! It worked last time, it should work again this year!" Alexia smiled.
Back in Alexia's third year, she had made Daphne and Pansy hand out flyers to potential boys who would most likely ask Alexia to be their Valentine. The flyers had regulations and things that the boys needed before they could ask her. Alexia had ended up going with a sixth-year Slytherin boy who probably only went with her for the attention, but he was fairly perfect and sadly he had finished his final year last year.
"Isn't the whole 'flyer thing' a little bit childish?" Daphne asked, trying not to be rude.
"I don't see how! I need the right guy and this is how I'm going to get him, Daphne." Alexia told her, then flicked her hair behind her shoulder and picked up the pace, walking ahead of them.

The girls spent the rest of the morning studying in the library. Eva had finished her homework before the other two so Alexia gave her the task of writing out what Alexia wanted her Valentine's date to be like. After using a multiplying spell to make more copies of it, Eva set off around the school to hand out the flyers, whilst Alexia and Daphne headed down to the Great Hall for lunch.
Alexia was in a relatively good mood despite the trouble she was having at home and with Draco. Luckily, Draco and her didn't have to do much for the first Inquisitorial Squad meeting, and she had found it easy to avoid him in the huge school, but tonight she would be stuck with him for several hours while they were on Inquisitorial Squad watch-out. She pushed the thought of it to the very back of her mind; there was no way she would let that ruin her good mood.
"Nice photos in Witch Weekly, Alexia," a Gryffindor girl sniggered as Alexia walked past her.
Alexia stopped and inspected the girl, "Oh, thanks... Katie is it?" she said, "By the way, since your friend here is too scared to say anything, I will... You've got spinach stuck in your teeth!" Alexia cruelly said.
The girl, who was still grinning widely from her original remark, quickly snapped her mouth shut and huffed, embarrassed. Grabbing her friends arm, she hurried off, leaving Daphne and Alexia laughing.

No Quidditch matches or Hogsmeade trips had been scheduled this weekend, so the Great hall was very busy and packed.
Alexia led the way to the far end of the Slytherin table where she had spotted Theodore Nott.
"Move over, Theodore!" Alexia demanded with her hand in the air.
Theodore looked up at her, then wisely choosing not to hesitate, he effortlessly moved down the bench.
Instead of sitting down next to him, Alexia signaled Daphne to sit instead. This immediately told Daphne that Alexia was up to something; Daphne never sat down before Alexia and Alexia definitely did not make room for anyome but herself! But rather than questioning her, she shrugged it off and greeted Theodore "Hey," she said casually.
"Hey you two," Theodore said, "How's it going?"
Alexia dramatically sighed, "Well Theodore, for me it's going great, but fot Daphne-" she paused and scratched her chin as if deeply thinking about things, "-it's not going so good."
"It isn't?" Daphne questioned.
Alexia shook her head, "You see, there's a certain day that falls on the next Hogsmeade trip and unfortunately I will be unavailable because of this certain day, so Daphne is really sad and worried she'll have to spend the day alone-"
"Really Alexia?" Daphne interrupted.
"Yes, really!" Alexia said. "Anyway, I need to get going!"
Daphne raised her eyebrows, "No you don't. We just got here."
"Yes I do!" Alexia assured her.
"Where are you going?"
"Oh, I'm Alexia Burke - I have many places to go, many people to see and many boys for my eyes to browse!" And after grabbing an apple from the table, Alexia headed off with a happy grin on her face and a feeling of fulfillment.