Chapter 11 - The Queen of Scheme Enthroned

"Watch out Hogwarts, the bitch is back!" Alexia announced, strutting into the Entrance Hall on Monday morning with her head high and shoulders back, Crabbe and Goyle looking tough behind her. This was the first day of the all new old Alexia. Not many students of Hogwarts liked the old Alexia, yet they did not dislike her either. They knew if they didn't at least pretend to like her, they would be on her attacking list. They would be the ones whose lives would be hell for the rest of their schooling years and even their lives after that. Those people were people like Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger; risky and foolish.

Alexia continued to parade around the school to each class that morning as if she owned the place. The news that the Hogwarts Queen Bee was back had already gotten around the school like an uncontrollable virus. The crowded corridors seemed to automatically form a path for her to get to the Great Hall at lunch and people were also trying their hardest to keep out of her way.

"You go, I'm just going to check something," Alexia said at the foot of the Marble Staircase in the Entrance Hall to Crabbe and Goyle who had followed her from Transfiguration on Draco's orders. They obeyed her command and hurried off as fast as their stocky legs would allow them to go to get some food.

Alexia gazed towards her left and spotted Daphne Greengrass leaning against the staircase railing, looking around hopefully, and another girl who was fiddling with a beaded bracelet on her wrist and every now and then looking up at Daphne with confusion.

"Daphne? What are you doing here?" Alexia asked, moving towards where the two girls stood.

"You came!" Daphne gasped, "Well this was our old meeting spot," she shrugged, "We always met here before going to lunch, remember?"

"Yes but that's not what I meant. Why aren't you with Pansy?" said Alexia.

"Why would I be with her?"

"Aren't you taking her side?"

"What? No! What makes you think that?"

"Well, I used to treat you like you meant nothing and I just thought you'd stick with her after you heard the old Alexia was back." Alexia told her truthfully remembering of the times when Daphne was just another follower of hers like Crabbe and Goyle were henchman for Draco. Daphne had always been the kind of girl people's eyes brushed over and had to be introduced several times before anyone remembered that she too was one of the supreme Slytherins and Alexia Burke's best friend. When Alexia had changed for Blaise's sake, she tried her hardest to get Daphne more known, but still even then she preferred to be in the shadow of Alexia's spotlight.

"Alexia, she didn't lie just to you, she lied to me and a whole heap of other people," Daphne said, "I'm embarrassed that I believed her!" she added looking disgusted.

"Well I'm glad you're here. Trust me, you're picking the right side!" Alexia assured her, "I'm going back to the old me, but this time better and bitchier!"

"I like the sound of it Al," Daphne said with a mischievous grin. The girl beside her gave a small cough. "Oh right, I brought along an old friend of ours."

Alexia moved her eyes to the dark-haired girl and scanned her appearance. She was a little short, but nothing a good pair of heels couldn't fix; her hair was pretty ordinary, but it was long and Alexia could tell the braid didn't do it justice. "Oh yeah, I remember you," Alexia said, remembering she was the girl she took with her and Daphne to the Quidditch trials, "What was your name again?"

The girls face lit up, "Alexia Burke remembers me?" she said excitedly.

"Um, yes... not your name though..." Alexia said altering her stance with attitude.

Broken: a Draco Malfoy Love Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें