Let's talk about life (and let's not)

We've been talking for about half an hour, joking around, laughing, telling stories. Everything I said came naturally, just like when we were just texting. I think I had the best time of my whole life, but then the nurse came to tell me my theraphist appointment was in ten minutes.

I was going to just shrug it off, it has became quite normal to me. But Josh's face changed drastically; one minute he looks like the happiest person alive with his smile reaching all the way to his eyes, making then squint in the most adorable way, and the next minute it's all gone, he just looks at me with a pained expression and doesn't say a word.

"What's wrong?" I ask concerned. For a few seconds he stays quiet and shifts his eyes at the floor and back.

"I just can't believe that this is where we first met, you know? I mean, everything that happened to you... it's like one big joke. Like somebody up there just mocked you"  for a split second he looks at the ceiling. I get what he says but I've never thought about it that way. And I don't really want to talk about it now.

"Josh, it's fine, it's not like I'm dying or something" I say in the most comforting voice I can and smile gently.

"No, it's not!" I flinch and shift a bit further from him. His tone is so similiar to my ex's, Tony, right before he would hit me. He bites on his lower lip. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell. But it's not fine, you're probably the best person to talk to, you're really great. And you get beaten for nothing, you get anxiety and depression... it just looks like the worst things happen to the best people and it hurts to even think about it."

I just sit there, not knowing what to say. I feel tears gathering in my eyes but wipe them off discretely. Then I do the only thing I could think of; I hug him. I guess he wasn't prepared for that, but I'm not going to back off. "There's a lot of things worse than my story, Jishy" I say quietly and feel his arms latch on my back. He rests his head on my shoulder and I do the same.

We sit like that for a couple minutes, not wanting to let each other go. I hear the nurse saying I should go to the office already, but I only hold on to Josh tighter.

Right now, nothing else seems to matter. Not the nurse, not the girls walking in the room, not even the pain in my chest from broken ribs. All I can think about is how gentle and warm his embrace is around me.

It's only me and him. And I don't want to change that any time soon.

_________________________________

Omg it was so fake deep and emotional shit
Sorry but not sorry
I'm trying to not make things sad but then I get sad and I make things sad and I don't really get it
Hope you stick around tho

And sleep. Sleep is important, don't forget that
Stay street