Awkward telephones in the aquarium

When our moment ends, I still don't know what to say. We just sit on my bed in silence, staring at each other. Josh's sad expression has already changed into a gentle smile and so has mine.

I guess my theraphist decided to give me a day off, because after the nurse tried to get me to go for the third time, nobody came back in the room. When the comfortable silence is distrought by Josh after a while, we go back to joking around until Natalie shyly walks in to inform me it's already lunchtime. Before I can say anything awkward, Josh decides to speak.

"Do you want me to go?" He asks hesitantly. "Because I can totally wait. I should call Tyler actually."

"Okay, I'll be fast. I'll come back in no time" I smile. "You can stay here or go outside to the aquarium if you want to" I say, pointing to the small table behind a large window. I call this space aquarium because it's separated from the woods by a glass wall and it makes me feel like I'm being watched all the time. It makes no sense whatsoever, but I only see a look of a slight confusion on Josh's face.

"I think I'll go outside then. Take your time, tough, we have stuff to discuss with Ty" he laughs. I nod and get up; so does he.

Before I go to the cafeteria, my brain decides it's a great idea to give Josh a kiss on the cheek and I do exactly that. I realize what I have done only after I see a blush on his face and immediately feel one creep onto mine too. I walk away as quickly as I can, cursing my mind for its idiotic ideas and my ribs for not allowing me to walk quicker.

As I go to my table after getting my portion of food, I see Josh pacing around in the smoking zone talking to Tyler. The blush still hasn't left his face and he's smiling widely. I remember to keep walking when someone accidentaly pushes me, almost making me drop the tray. I sit and make a small talk with girls, some of it being about my visitor, occasionally taking a bite of my food.

When I'm done with my lunch I decide to join Josh outside and wait for him to finish his call. Getting closer to the door I hear a piece of the conversation he's having, may I add, in a very enthusiastic voice.

"I know, right?! Dude, you should've seen her back there, it was so cute. Yeah- I don't know, she didn't say anything, just blushed a little and walked out. I don't think so, man. I think I blushed too much though, she probab-" he stops mid sentence hearing the door open and seeing me walk in, pretending I heard nothing. I smile awkwardly as he continues with even more blush back on his face. "I have to go, but I'll call you later, ok?"

_________________________________

Writers blocks are the worst like so bleh

Also, I told you I'd be making weekly updates and I get what, like 3 comments in a row saying I should update
Um.
But don't stop, it keeps me motivated knowing someone likes my work

If u like to, leave some feedback too

And while we're on the topic: 3K READS ON TMB GUYZ. WELL THIS IS SOMETHING
Ily
Stay street