Chapter 1

JAMIE'S POV

"Life is good".

For once in my life, I could finally understand and believe in that quote. I used to think that people didn't actually mean it. I thought it was some kind of quote you say just to convince yourself. To me, it sounded like a lie. A white lie that meant "just keep going no matter how much life sucks".

Right now, I don't feel that way. I feel alive. I never thought that I needed a special someone in order to feel happy. I'm independent and most of the time, I enjoy being alone.

At the beginning of our relationship, I felt like I was changing. I spent every single day with Harry and I felt extremely happy. At first, it scared the shit out of me. Do I need him to be happy?

I still haven't found the answer to that question. I have no idea if I could feel as happy alone. For now, I don't care. I just want to feel the way I feel looking into his eyes or laughing at his stupid jokes. As I was thinking about him, he texted me.

From: Harry

Hey Darling. I feel like we could make the best out of our last week of summer!

I have no idea why, but I felt like he had something to ask. He's quite predictable.

To: Harry

Sure thing Harry. What is it?

From: Harry

A roadtrip !

I've never actually been on a roadtrip before. When I travel with my family, we usually take the plane so it's quite different.

To: Harry

Sure we could. I'd love that!

From : Harry

I'm glad you said yes, cause I'm parked right in front of your house. May I come in ? ;)

Some things never change. I opened the door and he was right there, in front of me.

"Hey love " he said, pecking me on the lips.

"We already talked about it Harry, you could at least tell me when you plan on coming to my place" I said, unable to keep myself from smiling. He was too adorable.

"Okay first of all, I didn't plan on coming. I was driving around and then I ended up here, right in front of your place and I thought I could say hello. Second of all, I texted you before so I told you. Third of all, you have to stop complaining because you love when I surprise you" he said, smirking at me. He was right, but this is something I can't tell him. Never tell Harry that he's right or he'll hold it against you forever.

"I hate it. I could be pretty busy you know?" He laughed. I punched him gently. "Stop laughing!"

"I'm sorry, can't control it. You're funny babe" he winked at me. Like I said, some things never change. He's still the same infuriating Harry. I turned around, walked away from him and faked a pout. "Come back please. I'm just kidding" he said, still laughing. I turned around, looking straight at him.

"I hate you"

"I love you" he replied.

"Stop being cute when I'm annoyed" I said, trying to stop myself from smiling. I suck at this.

"Okay first of all, I can't stop being cute ; it's comes naturally. Second of all, you're not annoyed, you just love me too much" he explained, holding me in his arms.

"First of all, you are annoying. Second of all, stop with these stupid explanations" I replied, pushing him away softly.

"You're so cute when you try resisting me. It's quite a turn on" he smiled. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Enough, Harry" I kissed his cheek and walked to my room.

"I see, should I follow you to your room my love?" Teasing him can be so easy.

"Yes" I said. "I need your help packing stuff for the roadtrip" I winked.

"And I'm the annoying one? Duh, you're playing with my feelings" he replied, laughing.

"I'm so sorry. Where are we going by the way? You said roadtrip but didn't explain anything" Typical Harry.

"Well I don't know if I told you already but Louis starts college this year. He's studying law and both of his parents studied in Stanford. They want him to get the best education and all this shit so they decided to send him to Stanford too. He left a week ago and asked me to go visit him since he feels quite alone there. Louis is a good friend of mine I think you met him once already"

"Yeah at some frat party I hated I think. He seemed quite nice" I said, remembering old times. Not missing it at all though...

"Yeah him. Well he invited us both. We could sleep in his dorm. He's going to show us around. California seems amazing. We're gonna have a blast!"

"California!" I said. "It's soooo far away!"

"Well... that's why I said roadtrip. Come on it'll be fun !"

"I don't wanna be stuck in a car during like 40 hours with you..." I giggled.

"Like I said, it'll be fun!" He said, kissing my forehead gently. "We're leaving tonight"