BLANK

She was awake now, and sitting awkwardly in one of the armchairs in the library. Liz had lent her a pair of her black, ripped jeans and a red t-shirt. They fit her a little loosely and Abe had a strange sense that Liz's slightly emo style did not suit the young woman.

Abe couldn't find out anything from her, not even with his ability. All he would get was white noise and flashes of color. It was as if she was a blank slate, completely void of experiences. Questioning her did not help either, mostly all her answers were 'I don't know's. She didn't even know her own name.

It wasn't amnesia, because Abe was usually able to find their forgotten memories even when the person couldn't. The Amnesia would have to have been very strong to have taken out a lifetime of memories too. But with Amnesia that strong, shouldn't she have forgotten how to walk and speak? She functioned fine; although she seemed hesitant, as if she was continuously experiencing Jamais Vu. [Definition: the phenomenon of experiencing a situation that one recognizes in some fashion, but that nonetheless seems very unfamiliar. Most commonly experienced when a person momentarily does not recognise a word or, less commonly, a person or place, that she or he knows]

"Blue you have got to take a break, you've been at it for hours!" Hellboy said, lounging on the large couch in the library. Abe ignored him and scanned another page, he had been scouring documents and books about memory loss and summoning, intent on finding how he could reverse whatever had caused her to loose her memory. Their only hope on finding out what had happened in the Vatican was the young woman remembering it.

The female in question had moved from the chair to gazing into the large tank that took up an entire wall of the library. A small school of fish were keeping her company, nosing at the glass where her hands were placed. Hellboy got up and joined her, the fish scattered, but regrouped next to her hands in no time. "I think they like you." He said. The young woman nodded and smiled at the fish, she wasn't much of a talker. She moved her hands around the glass, the fish following them around in loops and figure eights. "Woah, that's cool, kid, high five." Hellboy said, raising his arm for it. Abe looked up from the document he had been searching. "Red, 'kid' is not the appropriate term, as Johann estimated her age to be in the early twenties, and please-" Abe was cut off when a loud CRACK was heard and an arc of lightning both Hellboy and the young woman went flying.

Hellboy took out a podium and smashed into the wall, cracking it. The young woman was thrown backwards into an old bookcase that housed many of the late Trevor Bruttenholm's favorite books. The bookshelf wobbled and a book fell out into her lap.

Hellboy stood up, smoking slightly, "Whoa, what just happened? Fells like I got stuck by lightning."

"You did." Abe said, and went to go check on the female. He stopped short as he saw that her eyes were glowing white. Tears streaked down her face, which held the most tortured expression Abe had ever seen. Her body jerked once and her scream filled the room. It was a scream that dug deep into the hearts of those who heard it, filled with anguish and the haunting, despairing feeling of loosing something that you desperately loved. Her body when limp as she fainted and fell sideways onto the floor.