FLASHBACK

The angel chain held her over the altar, and try as she might, she could not break them. Another angel was with her. This one unbound and familiar, one of the fellow reaper angels in charge of bringing souls to purgatory, heaven, or hell.

A demon was there too. He held a body in his arms. The body was not alive, it held no soul. Even more so, the body had never held a soul, it had been sinfully created. The body was also strung up above the altar with angel chains.

As soon as she realized the intentions of the other angel and the demon, searing pain erupted on her back. The other angel was ripping off her grace, without it, her angelic soul would be forced to inhabit the soulless body that hung with her. She screamed and thrashed about. She felt her grace depart from her and be replaced with a gut-wrenching feeling of loss. She felt herself ache for her grace; as she had been ripped from the most important thing to her and all angels, her connection to God.

The world started to fade to black as her soul entered the lifeless body. The sin held by the body was ejected in the form of blood as her angelic soul purified the body. The pain forgotten, replaced with a dull aching feeling of having lost something very dear as her angelic memories were wiped out by the human brain.