FALL

When Abe reached the roof she was already there. Standing atop the halfwall in the on edge og the roof with her arms wide open. The wind rushed up and blasted her hair around. Abe watched her sway back and forth with the wind. She let herself rock forward a little too far.

"Don't!" Abe shouted, rushing over to the the wall. She turned and updated her footing. She started to fall. Abe grabbed a hold of her wrist. Their momentum brought Abe to crash his torso into the wall painfully, doubling over it to have the woman dangle three stories above the ground. He heard her shout out in pair as her arm was jerked when Abe had caught her.

"You're not an angel anymore," Abe called to her, "You can't go back to heaven now. You don't have your Grace."

She looked up at him, her large green eyes brimming with a desperate sadness and tears. "I am an angel!" She cried back defiantly, "I am an angel of the Lord! I am! I-" Her words melted into sobs.

Abe pulled her back up onto the roof, thankful that she weighed a lot less than she looked. She collapsed in tears, stumbling into him. Abe had to hold her up, as her crying had turned her legs to jelly. And as she sobbed into him, a memory bubbled up from her. A memory which Abe ecprienced, and it made his heart ache more than it ever had before.