Asleep at last.

The move was going well the trio had rented a U-haul, well Rachel rented it and they all used it. They didn't have much just some clothes they accumulated while on Midgard. Some dog toys, and of course toiletries. Rachel had the most stuff, considering she grew up there. She had one king size bed, a dresser, clothes and the essentials. They all packed up and were on there way home. When they got to the house in Tennessee all three were overjoyed. During the long drive they goofed off, sang, more then any of them ever have. They laughed, at one point Rachel even had to pull the car over for an hour to nap after her sugar Rush had warn off. At last they pulled into their new drive way up into there new garage. They all three excitedly spilled out of the car eager to see inside. The owner of the rented house had left the key in the mailbox. Jeremiah had the honor to retrieve the key and open the door while the other two excitedly waited behind him. The house was empty with white walls all throughout the house. It had a smell to it a smell that none of them could describe. It was neither bad nor good. It was a smell of new beginnings and a happy ending. The front door lead to a small entrance with a narrow carpeted stair case almost directly in front of the front door. Past the star case was a decent size living room and dinning room together. And just off the dining room was a small kitchen with an old white refrigerator and wallpaper with colorful roosters lining the top of the kitchen. The finial room in the down stairs was a bathroom under the stair case. It, again, was small but it would do for the three of them. After they walked around the first floor for a while all so happy, Buck tailing behind them. They musters the energy and climbed the 12 narrow steps up to the second floor, there were three rooms, two bedrooms one full sized bathroom. The smallest bedroom was agreed to belong to Jeremiah while the bigger one Loki and Rachel's. Just as they were walking in to explore the flowered wallpapered master bedroom a loud bang and huge crash came from the celling. It was Thor and three others from the Asgardian army. They were armed and looked as if they were reading to take any ones life. Loki and Thor looked into each other's eyes for a split second before Thor yelled, "FIRE!"
Loki and Jeremiah, we're ready for this and dived for the door of the unfurnished room, Loki pulling Rachel out with him as fast as they could move. But to the trios despair, Rachel had a gaping wound in her lower torso. Loki who had not yet realized his first love was hurt so bad picked up her limp body and directed Jeremiah to the bathroom for a moments protection. Loki laid Rachel down on the ground still not noticing she had been hit, adrenalin, and rage rushing through his veins. He began summoning his armor while listening to Thor try and coax him out.
"Loki," Jeremiah whimpered, recognizing Rachel wasn't going to make it
"What is it friend, we must prepare," Loki said, gasping as he turned around and saw Jeremiah kneeling by Rachel's near lifeless body.
"Rachel.."
"Loki, please. Live for me. Live the life we wanted," Rachel muttered and gasped
"Rachel no you cannot leave me. We will be at peace here together all three of us," he gave a weak smile. Loki forced a smile on his face to show to her it would be alright.
"Loki I'm not going to make it, we came out here for a good life and I want you to live it," she whispers with her last breath and blood smeared over her mouth, Loki thought her pale skin seemed to be glowing. She couldn't be gone. He felt weak. He didn't know what to do. He new it was his fault he brought her into this begged for her to love him. He would never be able to forgive himself.
"Loki they are still out there"- "SHUT UP" -Loki interrupted.
"Loki we have to do something," Jeremiah shouted. Loki had no will to live for himself. He deep down he new he had to protect Jeremiah all he could. He couldn't lose the last person he loved.
"Thor I am coming out, do not shoot," Loki warned. He cracked the door open to see four Asgardian weapons facing him. He told Jeremiah to stay behind him.
"Brother, the first person I have loved is dead. She changed me she brought the best out in me. She is gone. I can't risk losing the only other I have. I will give you myself if you can give me your word you will leave Jeremiah here on Midgard, leave him alone and free him of all charges. It is this or we will have to fight." Loki pleaded. He didn't have energy to fight he felt like his legs could give out any second, silent tears rolled down his eyes. For some reason he was thinking about how scared buck must have been down stairs alone. He was glad his dog decided not to follow them up the stairs.
"Brother, we are not here to hurt anyone else. Yes we killed the mortal. That was not intended. However that seems like a punishment you will never be able to deal with. So we shall leave you to here to feel the guilt. Leave you knowing you caused this innocent girl's life," Thor stated in a bombing voice, disappearing after the last word along with his goons. Jeremiah and Loki looked at each other then down to where Rachel's body was laying lifeless. It was gone?
"They took her body with them," Loki said discussed.
"We need to give her a proper memorial," Jeremiah said somberly looking at Loki feeling bad. He had liked Rachel but not as Loki did. He felt many feelings he never new existed in the time he spent with the other two. He learned so much in the time and it hurt him knowing she was gone and how bad Loki was hurting.
*****************************
The boys made a wooden box with a few of Rachel's favorite things and dug a whole in the back yard for it. They buried the box right bye some lovely Lilly's growing near the trees edge. The back yard was beautiful  with a heavy tree line just past the white picked fence. They house was small but he backyard was large and spaces. Loki wished Rachel was able to see it. Jeremiah held Loki's shoulders as They sat on their knees by the freshly dug memorial. Buck trotted out and sat next to Loki, clearly understanding his pain. They were all going to miss Rachel but they have to live on; if they continued to feel guilty forever Thor would win. Loki couldn't allow this.
****epilogue (a few months later) ****
Loki had excepted that the love he felt for Jeremiah was more then a friendship. They continued to live the the same house, they patched the roof and constantly kept the lilies by Rachel's memorial healthy and alive. They were happy together. Loki was constantly reminded of who he lost but he was able to move on and live her dying wish.
"Hey Jeremiah,"
"Yeah Loki?"
"I love you,"
"Awe, I love you too"
The End.