the sick day

“Oh god i feel horrible,” I mumbled through the phone “I know it is very unprofessional to call in sick my second day. I just dont want to spread this to everyone else at work,”

“Dont worry about it Loki, I will find someone to fill in, feel better soon,”         

“Thanks for understanding, see you later,”

“Bye,” my manager hung up, and as soon as i put my phone down it rung once again.

“Hello?” I cringed, I just wanted to sleep

“Hi, oh Loki you sound horrible can I help with anything?” It was Rachel for our usual morning chat,

“No im fine Rachel I just need some sle-”

“Loki, don't move.I will call off work to spend the day with you NO ARGUING!” About twenty minutes later Rachel showed up at my door and let herself in with my spare key. She had brought with her, chicken broth and a whole bunch of medicine and movies.

“Rachel,” I said with a smile as she walked into my room, Buck was just about as happy as I was sick.

“are you hungry?”

“A little, I was to tired to eat this morning,”

“okay here, have some of this she said sitting on the side of my bed pulling out the chicken broth out of her picnic- like basket.

“Thanks Rachel, you really did not have too,’

“Of course I didn't, but I want to, and I do what I want,” She said with a smirk, I gave a weak laugh

“That is why you are my favorite person in Ohio Rachel,” Rachel blushed and gave a small smile.

“Okay what movie should we watch,” Rachel asked after she forced a bunch of over the counter medicines down my throat.

“This one looks good,” I said pointing to a movie called The Deep Blue Sea, It really didn't but I could tell it was one of her favorites,  and it had this mysterious Tom Hiddleston in it. Rachel about squealed when I picked it, The movie was a good British film about a woman cheating on her husband with Tom’s character.

“I might have to watch out for this guy huh?” I jokingly asked Rachel,

“Pshh, I wish you did,” She giggled. Then I made my first move of the day, I put my arm around Rachel’s shoulder, I could see her blush even in the dark room. We shared a good laugh when Buck got jealous and came up and did this roll onto my legs and nearly fell off the bed to get attention. After our laugh Rachel got more comfortable being so close to me and rested her head on my chest. It was by far the best sick day I ever had.