Darry Calm Down

It was a Friday night, so of course the boys were out, which left you and Darry together at home.

Darry was walking around the house and he looked very worried. You tried to ignore him at first but then you started feeling bad so you decided to check on him.

"Are you okay? You look nervous." You asked as he sat down next to you.

"It's 9:45 and they're still not here. Ponyboy's bed time is ten and he's not even home. It's like he never listens." Darry kept going and going.

"Just calm down. Everything will be fine." You tried soothing him.

He sighed then he got up.

"Darry you worry too much that's all." You told him from across the house. He didn't respond to you.

It was 10:15 now and darry was low key starting to freak out.

He finally stopped when the boys arrived fifteen minutes late.

"Hey where's superman." Steve walked in, followed by soda who walked beside pony.

"Have you lost your mind you were supposed to be asleep fifteen minutes ago. Jeez ponyboy it's like you never think!" Darry started arguing with pony. In the distance you saw sodapop giving a sad look that only you understood cause you were the only one who knew how he felt when his family fought.

"Darry stop okay and besides it's not like you haven't done any mistakes." You shot back at darry who looked at you surprised.

"Come on pony let's go to bed. See you tomorrow Steve." Soda called out. Soda waved to Steve and walked ponyboy to their room.

After everyone settled down you went to darry's room.

"You feeling any better after what happened today?" Darry looked at you silent for a minute then he started.

"It's just too much. I don't know how to handle him, and when he got late I was scared..-" he started tearing up. You didn't say anything you only looked at his glassy eyes.

"I was scared I though he wasn't coming back. Like he was gone just like mom and dad." Darry looked at the ground.

"Oh darry you know that won't happen. It's just that sometimes you have to give him a break that's all." You sat next to him. You hugged him which made him start sobbing.

You comforted him as he told you all his fears and worries. It went on and on, but then when you guys finished he looked like he's finally relaxed. He fell asleep on your lap and you just plays with his hair.

Darry looked so peaceful and happy when he was asleep. You felt so glad that he could open up to you.