Chapter Eight

Two weeks later....

Elisa

I've been awake for hours. Alone in my new room. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the room Moreau has given me. He was a kind man, especially since Adne had owed money.

So ever since that day when I walked in what seemed to be a meeting, my life has changed for what seemed like good.

I had a nice room, my bruises were cleaning up, and now I sat alone in the large bathroom Soaking. warm water always seemed to calm me, but I always wondered what was happening on the outside of my room.

Jackson had requested that my room be heavily guarded if I ever escaped. I hated feeling trapped but part of me felt safer here than being in Germany.

"Hit him again, Boys!" I kept hearing Jackson out back yelling off and on again with Moreau. They must have been shooting, because all I heard was gun shots.

If Jackson is out there...... And he's yelling at the men to keep going..... There is a 80-20 percent chance I can escape my room to go see what they are doing! Why do I always think like that? The eighty percent, would be me not escaping and the twenty, would me escaping... Maybe he has his men on break....

After dressing myself in an oversized sweater and skinny jeans, I made my way to the bedrooms door.  Careful Elisa... I reminded myself before reaching for the handle and slowly pushing the door open. I next peaked my head out to be greeted by no one but myself. Hallway clear!

"Come on karma gods..." I whispered to myself before slowly closing my door behind me. The hallway was quite large and at the end was what looked like to be the stairs.

Looking up and down the hallway, I saw beautiful paintings, pictures, and a few vases filled with water.
Was today some type of training day? No guards we're around to see me, only a few maids and one or two butlers. None of them even taking notice to me.

The better... I thought to myself before easing down the stairs. The house seemed serene from my point of view, but my senses soon changed as soon as  I heard the back door swing open and the sound of many exhausted men walking in.

"Fuck!" I could hear one of the men sighing before the sound of metal being slammed down on a table. Most likely guns... "Easy with the granite, you fucking animal!" That was definitely Adole's voice. He was Marry's father and the Don of the family.

"Fine, your royal highness." That voice was Salvatore. Shit head.. From what I gathered he was the consigliore. "Well, I better get my men back to watching your girl." who's voice was that? Fuck! I better get out of here.

I ran back up the stairs quickly, the sound of my feet pattering across the staircase only made things worse.

"What are you doing out?" That voice, I knew that voice well. "What you doing locking me up?" I represent angrily before he had grabbed me and pushed me into the room before closing the door behind him.

"You can't just go out without my permission, do you understand?" Poor Jackson, god forbid I go out of my room for a second. "I can do what I want, I don't need permission from you." He just stared at me like I was below him, I didn't care what position he was in this Mafia bull shit.

"Says the girl who won't leave her fiancé's side without his permission." Jackson had a shit grin across his face now, I just wanted to punch him. "I don't need permission, I can go as I please, because Adne loves me." Lies...

"Really? What are those marks on you from." Looking down at the bruises and cuts I had on me I simply shrugged and became angry. "GET OUT!" I yelled, pointing to the door.