Chapter fourteen

Adole

3 days later

I found my anger getting the best of me more times then I could count. I had no control over anything I said or did. Nothing could control my anger anymore, my sons death will never go unnoticed.

My obsession had begun to take control.

"Adole, I heard yelling. Are you alright?" I looked up from my papers to see Malia. My sweet wife.... "Everything is fine, go put Mary to sleep." My tone was bitter, nothing showed love. But hell I couldn't love anyone. Not while that fucker still lived.

He will pay for killing my son, I don't care how little By it takes or what it will take.

"It's noon, Adole."

"And Mary needs rest."

I couldn't believe the way I was treating my family for the past year, I found myself wanting to rip out my eyes whenever I looked at them. The way my own wife looked at me, she was depressed and I knew it. I had offered in the past to pay for better doctors, better drugs. But she didn't want anything, she was getting through the depression on her own. One step at a time, she was almost completely happy again but something kept her from it. Someone.

Me.

"I was coming to ask what do you want for dinner? The girls were-"

"Christmas is this Sunday, I hope you have everything you need already planned out."

I did my best to change the subject, but I could tell it wasn't working. "Yes." Malia smiled for a moment before slowly turning on her heel, walking over towards my book shelf. Her long white dress flowed loosely around her with every movement she made. She was truly an angel. My angel.

"Steak it is." She whispered lowly. I didn't understand how or what had caused her to speak so low. Whatever caused her to, she didn't waste time showing how she truly felt. With one swift move, she threw the book across the room, causing it to let out a loud thud as it hit the wall.

"Christ Malia!" I turned to look at her up from my desk, her back still faced me but I could hear sniffles coming from her.

"He's gone, Adole. HE WILL ALWAYS BE GONE!" She let out a scream before turning to face me. Her eyes were red and her face had tears dripping down fast. "And when will you let it go. There is nothing we can do about it. Nothing ever." She cried more, every tear that fell down from her eyes made me want to beat the hell out someone. But the only person that deserved a beating was me.

"You act as if I don't know this, and I work hard every fucking day to fix it but you never do anything. You just cry every day, you don't think it bothers me? My son is dead too. And you sit there, and blame me! I know what happened, and there is nothing you can do but wait."

"Wait for what!"

"For me to torture the man! Find his weakness! Obviously it isn't Elisa. But what will torture him, I don't know." I shook my head as I stood up from my desk. "I don't want to hear one word come out of your mouth about him, understand." I stood inches away from Malia's face. Our lips almost touching, a moment I would forever cherish. We were finally alone, for once.

"Don't you ever yell at me like that." My beautiful wife did her best to hide her pain, but the sob was clearly noticeable to me with every word she spoke. "Don't you ever treat me that way." I argued with her before earning a slap across the face.