09 || Stupid Saviour

Your POV:

You stared in horror at Thomas, your mouth dropping open in surprise. No one had ever willingly got locked in the Maze at night.

"Good job," Minho panted, "You just killed yourself."

"What?" Thomas narrowed his eyes as Minho slumped against the Maze walls. The Greenie cautiously moved forward and looked at Alby's unconscious form. "What happened to him?"

"He was stung; let's just say Grievers can play dead really well," You replied.

"Is he going to die?" Thomas asked hesitantly.

"Don't you get it shank? We're already dead," Minho spat as he gritted his teeth angrily.

A loud screech echoed through the Maze passages, breaking the silence that had followed Minho's words. All of you jumped and looked up in fear.

"We gotta go," Minho said, a slight tremble in his voice as he backed slowly away.

"We can't just leave him here!" Thomas half-shouted incredulously, gesturing at Alby's unmoving body.

"He's right Minho," You chipped in, "We got him this far."

In exasperation, Minho threw up his arms but came back nonetheless.

"On three, one. . . two. . . and three!" Together you hoisted Alby up between you.

"Where are we going to leave him?" You trailed off.

But Thomas wasn't paying attention. He was looking up at the looming Maze walls thoughtfully. Following his gaze, you realised what he was suggesting.

Minho quickly caught on and together you dragged him over to the sturdy looking vines and secured them around the unconscious boy.

With a grunt, the three of you began to pull on the vine, Alby's body moving further and further up the ivy covered stone.

Another screech sounded, but this time it was closer. A lot closer.

"Hurry!" You hissed and pulled with all your might. By now, Alby was about halfway up the wall.

Then you heard a loud whirring and screeching, coming from the end of the long corridor. Fearfully, you all turned your heads towards the noise.

There it stood, its large mechanical limbs scraping the floor, goo dripping from its pulsating body. Spotting the four of you, it screeched with pleasure and took off at a frightening speed towards you.

All three of you paled visibly. "We gotta go!" Minho yelled, for the second time this evening, but now he wasted no time in dropping the vine and sprinting off the opposite direction.

Your arms felt like they were going to snap as you and Thomas took the extra weight. As quickly as possible, you secured the vine.

"Come on Thomas, let's go!" As the Griever drew even closer, you both took off after Minho.

~~~

Hope you enjoyed!

Please vote comment and follow.

Thanks,
~Hellz-Yeah