38 || Epilogue

WICKED Memorandum, Date 232.1.27, Time 22:45
TO: My Associates
FROM: Ava Paige, Chancellor
RE: Thoughts on Maze Trials, Group A

By any reckoning, I think it's safe to say that the Maze Trials were a complete success. I wasn't expecting so many survivors but the more the merrier. The responses to the Variables were satisfactory and encouraging.

Thomas continues to surprise and impress, and for now, they seem to have taken the bait. The boy's murder and 'rescue' proved a valuable finale. It's too soon to say, but they could be the key to everything.

In the light of our previous doubts, Subject A12, the Enigma, seemed to adapt well to being in Group A. Our decision, concerning our earlier consideration to reinsert her into the correct Maze, seems to have been proven correct. Despite our best efforts, her relationship with Subject A5, the Glue, has somewhat rekindled in the confines of the Maze. Decisions will have to made on the actions to take concerning this.

Oddly enough, seeing them this way, thinking all is well, has been the hardest thing for me to observe. But there's no time for regret. For the good of our people, it's time to move forward.

We are all aware of what's at stake. I, for one, am encouraged. Among many things, one thing that jumps out at me is what the girl chose to clasp onto before loosing her memory. WICKED is good.

The subjects will eventually learn that the mission of WICKED is to serve and preserve humanity, whatever the cost. We are, indeed, 'good'.

So let's move forward. It's time now to begin phase two. . .

~~~

Obviously, I used some of the film's version and some of the book's to do this. As I said at the beginning, all rights go to James Dashner, for the parts based on the book, and Wes Ball, for the parts based on the film.

Hope you enjoyed!

Please vote, comment and follow.

Thanks
~Hellz-Yeah