21 || Voices and Madness

Your POV:

Muffled screams and yells echoed from the adjacent room followed by a few dull thuds. After several seconds of unruly noise, everything was suddenly quiet. You could barely make out the sound of hushed voices which followed.

Newt and Thomas finally emerged from the other room, shutting the door gently as they backed out.

"What the shuck was goin' on in there?"

"He was tryin' to bloody kill himself," Newt said worriedly.

"He said it wasn't him," Thomas reminded him, "and he told us to protect the Maps."

You caught Newt's eye and he shrugged. "He's okay now right?"

"We hope."

That did nothing to convince you.

"Apparently Gally's gone off and hid somewhere," Newt announced, changing the subject.

You groaned in annoyance. "I'm pretty damn sure he's lost his shucking mind."

Thomas made a subtle noise of agreement and you snorted. "You know, he wasn't always like this. Okay, he did still have some serious anger issues but he's never acted acted like this before."

"I'd have to see it to believe it," Thomas said, still unconvinced which caused you to chuckle lightly.

Clint suddenly appeared behind the boys and announced he was checking up the other girl again.

"She doin' alright?" Newt questioned of the other boy.

"Yeah, she seems fine but talks in her sleep a lot, we've been writing down what we can understand. With some luck, she might wake up soon."

Newt nodded, "What's she been saying?"

"Some stuff about the Creators and—" He coughed and glanced up at Thomas, "and she keeps saying his name, over and over."

Thomas looked shocked as he tried to digest the words. You too were staring at him with distinct curiosity.

Newt didn't seem fazed. "Thanks Clint." The Med-jack nodded and left the room. The second in command nodded at the girl, "You know her?"

Thomas didn't instantly reply. Instead, he just kept staring quietly at her as if she might suddenly wake and explain everything. At last he spoke, "I do recognise her. But I don't know how."

He went on staring at her but said no more. With a loud gasp, he flinched backwards, knocking over the chair which he had seated himself on.

"What's wrong?" You asked but Thomas made no reply. He was staring about him in shock.

"Did either of you say anything just then, before I jumped up?"

More confused than ever, the two of you shook your heads. For some reason, Thomas didn't look surprised.

"I just thought I heard. . . I thought I heard her say something. A name. . . Teresa."

"We did not hear that," You confirmed. "Maybe you remembered it?"

"I thought it came. . . from my mind?"

You and Newt were staring confusedly at Thomas. You looked at each other in puzzlement and shrugged silently while Thomas stared at the girl. He jumped violently again and you involuntarily leapt backwards as well.

"What the bloody hell is wrong with you?" Newt yelled in shock.

"She's talking to me, like in my mind. She just said my name! I'm hearing her voice, like in my head."

Now you were sure Thomas has lost it as well. One glance at Newt confirmed he thought the same.

You sighed exasperated, "What the hell are you talking about?"

Thomas was looking more shocked and frightened every second. He ignored yours and Newt's questions and continued staring intently at the unconscious figure.

He began stumbling backwards and then he turned and sprinted out the door. You could hear him thundering down the stairs.

You and Newt stared in utter shock at the place he had disappeared.

"Well, it's official," You announced, "Everybody here has lost their shucking minds."

Newt could only nod in agreement.

~~~

Thank you for 3k reads and all the votes and comments that have been coming in recently!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Please vote, comment and follow.

Thanks,
~Hellz-Yeah