17 || Safe

Your POV:

The dull, painful throbbing in your stomach reminded you of what had happened as soon as you had gained consciousness. Your body was swathed in uncomfortable bandages.

With a soft moan, you peeled open your eyes and had to blink several times to adjust to the blinding light which pierced through the material hanging in front of the small gap serving as a window.

Twisting your head sideways, you saw that the room was deserted except from one other figure lying unmoving in a far bed. It looked like — no it couldn't be — a girl? You squinted your eyes and saw that you were right.

With a loud groan, you just eased yourself upwards so you were resting on your hands. This did nothing to help with the pain in your torso. The throbbing steadily grew until you were forced to lie back down.

'What the hell had happened since that day in the Maze? Why is there another girl? What happened to her?' You had almost as many questions as when you first woke up here two years ago. Everything seemed to be changing.

~~~

An ear-piercing scream sounded from next door, causing you to jump visibly and almost fall off your bed. You identified it as Alby's. A relieved sigh escaped your lips. At least that means he made it back alive. It hadn't been in vain.

Your thoughts then wandered to Minho and Thomas but you guessed they made it back alright, seeing as they had managed to get both you and Alby back to the Glade.

Footsteps suddenly echoed from outside the door and then it swung open to reveal Jeff and Clint standing in the doorway.

"Hey," You croaked from lack of using your voice. The two boys hadn't noticed you were awake so when you spoke, they both leapt back in surprise, Clint tripping over Jeff's foot. He stumbled and tried to regain his balance by clinging onto the other boy's shirt. Looking sheepish, he managed to stand up straight again.

You burst out laughing, despite how much it hurt to do so. When you had finally calmed down, you half-winced, half-grinned at the Med-jacks. They smiled back, happy that you had finally awoken.

"How are you feeling?" Jeff asked

"Wonderful. Just bloody wonderful," You replied with another groan, slumping back into the lumpy pillows.

Clint muttered something which you didn't catch and disappeared out of the small room.

"I guess he's pleased to see me," You frowned as the door shut behind him.

Jeff let out a small laugh and explained, "He's gone to get Newt, Minho, Gally and Thomas. We had to drag them out of here to actually do some work so they told us to tell them immediately when you woke up."

You nodded and smiled at the thought of your closest friends. "So, what actually happened after I blacked out? And who's that?" You pointed over at the bed containing the other girl.

"Minho and Thomas managed to get you and Alby back to the Glade after the plan with the Grievers worked and then the Greenie alarm sounded. When the Box finally arrived, the girl was inside, unconscious. We thought she looked dead but then she sat up and said 'Everything is going to change.' She passed out again and we bought her here. That was three days ago."

"Three days?" You repeated. "I'm starving!"

Jeff grinned. "Good, Clint's also gone to ask Frypan to bring you some grub."

"How's Alby? He'll be okay right?" (Sorry Alby, you're just not as important as food)

"We think he'll be okay. We've injected him with Grief Serum so he's going through the Changing as we speak."

Before either of you could continue, the door burst open once more, revealing the relieved faces of your friends.

~~~

Back to your POV!

Hope you enjoyed!

Please vote, comment and follow.

Thanks,
~Hellz-Yeah