r

When I arrived for work the next day, it was if everything had gone back to its ordinary standard again.

Even the aura of the building felt... lighter, happier, even, despite the now chilly weather that was approaching quickly.

I couldn't even keep a smile off my face as I exited onto the third floor and had instantly heard the unmistakable sound of 7 boys.

"Good morning, boys." I said as I stepped into the room and looked around at each of the 7 boys.

It was crazy to think how much I had come to know them over the course of a few months.

It was even crazier to think that they had already improved so much since the first lesson we ever had together.

"Morning, Brin." Namjoon responded as I smiled and began to set up my things for today's class.

I had been smiling non stop since last nights events.

And it seemed that Jungkook felt the same way.

My eyes instinctively trailed over to where he sat as we locked eyes.

He grinned his signature bunny smile, and I winked at him. He looked away a bit before me, and when he did, I noticed something...strange.

He looked down at his hands, and his eyebrows furrowed. He looked nothing like he did just a second ago. He looked...distraught, like he was fighting something in his head.

I shrugged it off, guessing it was nothing, and began my lesson for the day.

--

I arrived at my apartment as per usual, and Jungkook was supposed to be here for his private lessons shortly. I suddenly received a text from Jungkook. I picked it up right away, grinning to myself like an idiot as I began to read.

bae(lowkey loser): hey brin, i need 2 ask u something

me: ya what is it?? :)))

bae(lowkey loser): u like me right?

me: ...well i kind of let you almost kiss me so basically..?? why r u asking anyway?

bae(lowkey loser): idk

me: speaking of which, i kinda noticed you weren't yourself today...are u alright?

bae(lowkey loser): yeah i fine.

me: are you sure? we can talk about it, i have lots of time...

bae(lowkey loser): i'm fine.

me: idk,,, i don't believe you jungkook.

bae(lowkey loser): why you have to be like that?

me: like what???

bae(lowkey loser): ugh. i just don't know for sure that u like me. like just me. thats all

me: well texting is not the place to talk about this. do you wanna meet up?

bae(lowkey loser): i can't i have 2 practice with the boys. we can talk maybe later idk

me: okay...i don't like leaving this unsolved, i'll text you after

Read 4:10 pm

I put my phone down and scowled.

I re read the conversation over and over, trying to figure what I said or did to make him completely shut down like he did.