u

--- Brinley POV ---

My phone buzzed after a few minutes of silence.

What could he possibly be saying now? Didn't he have to leave? I thought to myself as I glanced down at the bright screen.

bae(lowkey loser): and by the way, i love you too.

My heart instantly began to beat irregularly as I reread his message over and over again until I could fully digest what he had sent.

What did he mean by this? I thought to myself as I turned my phone off and fumbled with it in my hands.

I attempted to steady my breathing but failed miserably as I closed my eyes and thought back to the time he had blocked me.

Could it be possible... That he had seen my messages?  I pondered in my head.

No.

Impossible.

But, the only other explanation for his mysterious message was that he had seen the messages I sent to him when we got in that argument.

I really didn't want to admit it to myself, but it could've been a possibility.

I needed some fresh air to think.

And that's how I somehow found myself knocking on the boys' dorm.

"Namjoon? Are you in there? Is anyone home?" I asked out loud as I continued to tap my fingers on the door repeatedly.

Suddenly the door was opened and I was face to face with Namjoon.

"What are you doing here, Brin?" He asked me with a slightly exasperated look on his face as I inhaled sharply.

"I needed someone to talk to." I mumbled out softly as I looked down at my feet.

"Alright...come on in." Namjoon awkwardly stepped aside to let me in the dorm.

"So...What's up?" Namjoon asked me once we had sat down on the couch.

"Well, I know you probably won't like to hear this...but it's about Jungkook." I winced, knowing how irritated he would get.

"Of course it is. It's always about him." He spat out.

I closed my eyes as I felt my confidence slowly deteriorating under his gaze.

"Namjoon, please... You're one of my only friends here that I can actually talk to about this." I pleaded as he scoffed slightly and leaned back into the couch.

"Jimin is good at listening to people's feelings." Namjoon remarked, watching me intently as I shook my head with a sigh.

"You know what I mean, Namjoon." I said as he looked at me with a look that I couldn't decipher.

"What? You mean just because the fact that I know English that I'll listen? After all that we've been through..." Namjoon mumbled to himself as I furrowed my brows and narrowed my eyes at him.

"Namjoon. Don't be like this." I said as his eyes began to wander around the room mindlessly.

"It's not easy for me, Brin. I..." He paused as he closed his eyes and let out a deep breath.

"I... really liked you. And I think I still do. So forgive me for acting this way, but I don't think that seeing you is good for me. Not right now at least." Namjoon said as I bit my lip.

"I understand. But... I need a friend, Namjoon. Can you at least try to be that person for me?" I asked as he pursed his lips and looked me straight in the eyes.

"I... Okay. Tell me what's going on between you and Jungkook." Namjoon said as I let out a sigh and internally thanked him.

As I began to tell him what had happened in the past few days, I could already feel my body getting lighter as I released the weight of my thoughts.

"And so, you're the only person I can tell all of this." I finished as Namjoon looked at me with wide eyes and a gaping mouth.

It was almost as if there was nothing left to say, since I had just ranted for several minutes.

"So please, I need to hear your opinion on this." I added on quickly, watching as Namjoon quirked his head to the side and scrunched his nose slightly.

We sat in silence as we awkwardly exchanged side glances before he ultimately said something.

"I didn't think Jungkook felt so deeply for you." He said finally as I rested my chin in the palms of my hands.

"Yeah..." I trailed off as I stared at the clock in the middle of their living room, the smallest hand ticking, like it was taunting me as to how little time I had to figure this out before Jungkook would be gone out of my life forever.

"I didn't think so either."