06: Help Me Too

CHAPTER 6: Help me too

.

.

"That was my older sister," Izazuo started, tapping his fingers on the table absentmindedly, "Just using a certain picture of me as blackmail to make me do her bidding,"

"Ah, sou...*" I almost sighed in relief but I can't show it out. I don't know what I'll do if my target was taken by a fancy girl I can never compete with!

"It's just a party. I don't have to go geez. I have band practice too," He slumped on the table again, and I could've sworn I saw the word depression written all over him that time.

"Well, then don't go," I honestly don't know what to say about the matter.

"It's not easy." He growled out, golden eyes staring at me fiercely, "The blackmail is THAT bad,"

I stared back, not knowing what to say nor what to do. Gah, rich guys and their needs. Luckily, my phone rang and, unluckily as well, it was from my brother.

"Oh gosh, I'm so dead," I muttered to myself and started gathering my things.

"No, I'm the dead one," Izazuo retorted but I was already standing up, earning a questioning look from him.

"Doesn't matter! I'm leaving!" I waved and dashed off, catching a glimpse of his bewildered expression by the glass of the front door as I stepped out.

So, yeah. I was grounded for a couple of days, courtesy of my overprotective excuse of a Nii-sama. And because of that, Aerza wasn't able to treat me ice cream on those days. Oh, and I wasn't able to meet Izazuo for three days too.

What a drag. I thought that the plan would go well, but it seems that my wrong moves are getting worse. I should've made a plan B when Izazuo didn't show up at dismissal for my song.

"Ah, that's right, the notebook with the song I wrote," I tapped my pen on my chin, noting how I needed the notebook back and how I could use that as an excuse to get near him again.

"He's absent, you know," Said Aerza and I was back to reality.

"*Nani...?" I blinked

"He's absent. Teacher says it's a headache,"

I clicked my tongue, "Woah, he's pretty weak,"

"No he's not!" Came fangirl letter A with the super-sensitive hearing.

"Yeah! He's just so good that he got a headache!" Fangirl letter B croseed her arms at me.

And before I knew it, Fangirls A to Z were already giving me the 'looks' that Otakus could interpret as the 'United Fangirl Kill all Haters Glare' move.

I can do it too, but not for a guy like HIM. So I rolled my eyes and looked away, "Kinishinai*... That means I can plan already,"

The day went on slowly, and according to my plan, he'll be coming back tomorrow. And it isn't even really a headache. Probably something to do with his sister's blackmail.

"Let's go out for ice cream?" Aerza offered as we stepped out the gates of the campus.

I nodded, "Yeah, it's been a while too. How many days? 4 days with no ice cream? Meaning you're treating me quadruple today,"

"Are you even sure you can finish it all?" She gave a challenging smirk.

"Honki desu*,"

So we headed to the ice cream parlour by the end of the block and I ordered two servings of chocolate fudge sundae and two caramel ones while Aerza settled for Mocha sundae. We sat down by the window and I started my quest on finishing the first caramel.

"So, how's it going with Izazuo?" She asked.

"Horrible. The guy's hard to approach," I murmured through my food, "And now when I feel like talking to him, he's absent. Great."

"What about his absence?"

"He seems to be a good liar too," I rolled my eyes, "It's sibling stuffs,"

"Izazuo has a sibling?"

"Doesn't anybody know?" I raised a brow in curiousity.

Aerza shook her head, "I don't think even the fangirls know;"

I smirked, putting aside the empty container before taking the next one, which was chocolate, "Seems like he has quite the secret,"

"Ah. And speaking of Izazuo, look, he's over there now," Aerza pointed outside and I spotted the familiar teen just a couple of meters from our spot.

Izazuo looked really pissed and worried at the same time. He was probably cursing, based on the way his mouth made expressions, and he was kicking the aspgalt as he walked. Suddenly, his yellow eyes darted to us, slightly widening.

"He saw us," She said.

"Aw, no shit Sherlock," I hissed.

Then, he sprinted to our direction, surprising us, and he came through the front door storming like a wild animal. He got to our table and slammed his hands down, glowering at me.

"I need your help," Izazuo growled out.

I backed away, holding my sundae defensively infront of me, "I have nothing to owe you,"

"No really! Please?" He forced on a puppy eyes, but I wasn't surprised.

"No. There's other people out there to ask help from,"

"Kanra!!"

Oh wow, he actually remembers my name. I metally smirked and looked at Aerza's confused face. Do not fear my friend. This is what you call, 'Getting his hopes up', a simple strategy wherein when he needs you the most, you refuse a lot of times before agreeing. That way, he will feel special and indebt to you.

"What is it about?" I asked, relaxing in my seat.

His face brightened up, and I'm sure the plan worked. He sat down and gave a stern look, "Be my partner in the party,"

Once again, I was back to being tense on my seat. I stared back, fingers trembling around my spoon, "What?!"

"Be my partner,"

"What?!"

Izazuo gave a weird look before explaining, "My Sis said that she wants me to come with a partner cuz it's a ball or something. And since I think you're not really much of my fangirl, you seem perfect for the role,"

"Wh-wha...?!"

Aerza had already elbowed me there and shot an evil look at me. I nodded at her then to Izazuo, who was already pouting and using his puppy eyes.

"I swear! I owe you for this!" He clasped his hands together, pleading as his head was down, "Please!"

I shrugged forcefully, "A-ah... I guess, uh, it's fine,"

"Really?! Thank you!!" He was about to glomp me across the table, but I had used my chocolate sundae to block him.

"B-but you will deal with my expenses and outfit!" I added.

"Yes! Definitely!"

And with that, I seemed to have fallen in Izazuo's trap with Aerza watching at us with an amused expression.

"Mattaku*..." I muttered and burried my head in my hands.

.

.

TBC

.

.

Notes:

*Ah, sou...- "I see," in Japanese

*Nani?- "What?" in Japanese

*Kinishinai- "I don't care" in Japanese (Thanks to LK_ReeD again~)

*Honki desu- "I'm serious," in Japanese

*Mattaku...- "Seriously..." (in a depressed way)