Chapter 14: Jack

My face burns as I walked out of the room. I hadn't meant to make that drawing! I was just bored, and she was rambling on, and I was thinking about my dog, so it just sort of... Happened.

No more of that. No more drawing. Elsa'll think I'm going soft, because only soft people waste time playing around with pencils and papers.

I am not soft.

I was just bored.

Looking at the piece of paper in my hand, I scowl and crumple it into a ball. Damn it. Damn it straight to hell.

This sucks. Everything sucks. The people here suck. The stupid uniform sucks. Elsa sucks.

Whatever. I'm sneaking out tonight, anyways. That'll give me some time away from these freaks, and then maybe I'll be able to stand it more tomorrow. I'll just have to be careful getting out, because Elsa's room in right next to mine, and apparently she's a light sleeper.

They did that on purpose, I think. Sticking me right next to the girl who wakes up at the slightest noise.

I walk into my room and put on my jeans and dad's old leather jacket, getting into bed and pulling the blankets up to my chin. Agnarr comes to check on me every night at one in the morning to make sure I'm still there, but after one thirty, I'm golden.

Time ticks by. One minute. Two minutes. Five. Ten. Twenty. An hour. Two hours.

At home, I would have been out by now, but I can't risk Agnarr finding me out of bed.

My mind wanders. All I can think of is Elsa and how much she annoys me, and what to do in case she wakes up and catches me.

The door creaks open. I peer through my eyelashes and see Agnarr looking at me through narrowed eyes, and pray that a part of my jacket isn't out from underneath the blankets.

Finally, the door closes and I count to five in my head before standing up. I grab my cigarettes out of my desk drawer, my pocket knife and a plastic bag full of... Well, illegal substances. 

I am ready to leave, but just to be safe, I wait thirty minutes to make sure Agnarr was in bed before I make my way to the window.

I slide open the window and look down. I'm two stories up, but there are those weird vine things that rich people buy especially for the walls to look pretty. Most of the time, I would have thought that was stupid, but right now, they are my ticket out. 

One leg outside, the other in. I'm so close to freedom.

And then my pocket knife falls out of my pocket and to the floor with a clatter.

I tense. I wait. I hear Elsa stir in her room, but she doesn't wake up.

Thank. Freaking. God.

Sighing with relief, I stoop to pick up my knife, and I'm halfway out the window when the door opens.

Okay. I guess I was wrong when I said Elsa didn't wake up. Thanks a lot, God.

"What are you doing?" Elsa hisses, hands on her hips. She's wearing a blue nightgown and her hair is a mess.

"Sleepwalking?"

"Sure. Get back in here, now!" 

"C'mon, Elsa! Just go back to bed and I'll be here in the morning." I roll my eyes.

"Like I believe that. You told me you would rather be in prison then here, Frost." Elsa whispers heatedly, "Why should I think you'll come back?"

"Fine, don't believe me, but I really am coming back. Anyways, you get back to bed." I say.

"You can't tell me what to do like that!" She stamps her foot. "I'm not some little girl!"

"Hey, unless you want me to put that video on YouTube, go." I say.

Elsa stiffens. "You won't come back."

"Yes, I will."

"I don't believe you." She snaps, "You'll leave, and I'll get in trouble for not waking you up!"

"Come with me, then." I grin. 

Elsa's trapped. She doesn't want me to use the video, but she also thinks I'm not coming back. The only way for her to be sure that I'll be here tomorrow is to come with, which I don't think she is gonna do.

"Fine."

Holy crap.

That was not the way I wanted things to go. 

She's supposed to get scared and give in, going back to bed with a pout on her face!

"You don't want to," I say quickly. "You'll get scared."

"No, I won't." Elsa squares her shoulders. "Let me come. That way you won't have to use the video so soon, and I won't tell Papa on you."

She has a point. If I show her dad the video, I won't have anything to hold over her head.

I groan. 

"Go get dressed." I snap. "Meet me outside. A friend is coming to pick me up."

Fear flicks across her face. I am satisfied to see her confidance waver, but she disappears into her room.

I climb down the wall, pausing every now and then when I hear a sound coming from inside the house. As I pass the maids' bedroom, I freeze, realizing she's still awake. After finally deeming it safe to continue, I finish climbing the wall and jump the rest of the way down.

"Took you long enough," says Hiccup, "I've been waiting here for half and hour. What if someone looked out the window and saw my van?"

"Sorry, I ran into some trouble." I say.

"You ready to go?"

"Yep, just hang on. Someone might be coming with us." 

"What?"

"She might even be a no-show."

"Jack!"

"Okay, it's either she comes, or I go back in the house! She heard me trying to get up-" I say, "-and she said she wouldn't get me in trouble if I let her come."

"You're f*cking killing me." Hiccup says, facepalming.

"You won't even know she's there. She's super quiet and she'll probably want to stay in the van when she sees where we're going." I smirk. "And, anyway, she should have been out here by now. She probably isn't coming."

"Good. Now let's go." Hiccup rolls his eyes and gets into the drivers seat. I ride passenger and think that if Hiccup starts driving now, Elsa'll be too late and I'll be gone for tonight.

"Shit, is that her?" Hiccup asks.

Elsa comes out of the house, wearing what she normally does. The only difference is that she must have run out of time to put her hair up, because it hangs loosely around her shoulders.

My face goes red with embarrassment. She's wearing good-girl clothes. We can't be seen together.

"Yep," I say, groaning. "That's her."

Hiccup unlocks the door and Elsa gets in the back.

"Where are we going?" She demands. Hiccup winks at me. 

"The Snugly Duckling pub." 

_________________________________________________________

Just so y'all know, I take no credit for the drawing in the last chapter. It just came up in google search. It isn't mine.

I can't draw. ;0(

Luvies!

~Jack_Frost's_Girlfriend_13