Chapter One: The World's First Muggle-born Slytherin Hopeful

Taking place right after Scorpius eats Peppermint Imp

Albus laughed at the sight of smoke pouring out of Scorpius's ears and was reaching forward to follow suit when the compartment door banged open dramatically, a girl ran in, who then slammed it shut. Scorpius was so surprised that he had jumped up, covering the floor with sweets.

"Sorry about that," the girl said, looking back at the door as if somebody else would barge in "Do you mind if I sit for a second?"

Both of them, still to shocked to speak, nodded meekly. The girl let out a sigh of relief.

"I really am sorry about the whole entrance, but well, something happened in the other compartment and this one was the closest."

Scorpius seemed to have recovered enough to speak. He put on a smile and gestured to the floor.

     "Why don't you take a sweet and sit down?"

The girl sat down next to Scorpius, grabbed a chocolate frog off the floor, ripped it open, then stuffed it in her mouth.

"That is good," she said, her mouth full of chocolate.

Scorpius seemed at a loss for words so Albus decided to try and say something.

"What's your name?" Albus said, the most generic and obvious question to ask.

She seemed to relax a little and grabbed another chocolate frog off the floor.

"Just call me Nova," she said offhandedly "My real name is really complicated. And Portugese. What are yours?"

"My name is Albus. Albus Potter." He braced himself for some sort of star struck reaction, but none came. Did this person really not reckgonize him? Not that he expected everyone to know him or anything, but most people did anyways.

"And mine is Scorpius Malfoy."

For some reason, her eyes light up

"That's a sick name," she exclaimed "Not that Albus isn't,"she added

Apparently the suspense had killed Scorpius enough.

"So not that your company is unwelcome, especially after certain events of our own," he glanced at Albus, who knew he was referencing Rose "But do you think it would be okay to tell us what happened, before, well you know, you came."

She shrugged. "I'm still steaming over it, so I guess I can rant it out. Well when the train started I scouted out a compartment with some friendly seeming people and knocked on the door. Like an idiot. But anyways, I went inside and made a whole speech about how I was from a non-magical family and everything..."

Albus mentally face palmed. That's why she didn't know him. All the better anyways.

"And they seemed pretty ok until they said I had to answer one question to sit with them. They asked we for the house I was hoping for, and when I said Slytherin..."

Albus was abashed "You want to be a Slytherin?"

She looked surprised. "Not you to! From the history books I read, Slytherin seemed the most underrated! That's usually where all the badass people are!"

Albus and Scorpius stared at each other. Albus decided to let it go.

"No, we don't have a problem with Slytherin," Albus said carefully.

"My families been in Slytherin for generations," added Scorpius helpfully.

"Ok well when I said that all the kids in there were really shocked, and one kid started to get really mad. Something about a Battle of Hogwarts and evil Slytherins. The other kids started getting angry, and then some guy pushed me. When I pushed him back they all sort of ganged up on me, hence I ran up and ended up on your lovely compartment."

     There was a uncomfortable silence, but Scorpius seemed to rise the occasion.

"Well that wasn't very nice. We should be friends then."

Nova considered this.

"A trio. That sounds nice."