Chapter Eleven: Ms Author Gets Lazy (Sorry About The Short Update)

"George!" Grandma exclaimed, "You came down!"George Weasley was quite an unruly sight. His hair half-heartedly dyed brown brushed his shoulders and marron stubble covered his face. He had deadpan eyes and sallow cheeks, like he hadn't eaten in days. A faded t-shirt hung off his skinny frame, and his jeans were baggy.

"Yeah I came down," he said quietly, "I'm leaving. There's somewhere I have to go. I can't stay here anymore."

The moment he had said it, he noticed Albus, crouching behind the wall in the corner. Albus's eyes widened in fear and he prepared for the exclamation of surprise. However, to his utter shock, the man winked at him, in a sad sort of way. He wouldn't reveal his presence.

"What do you mean? Go where?" Grandma said, confused.

"I'm going to Hogwarts mum, and not to study."

Grandma's eyes grew sad and confused.

"George, what is it your trying to find? Going to Hogwarts for what? It won't..."

"Bring him back?" George finished, "I don't need to."

"What?" Uncle Ron said, speaking for the first time

"There are rumours. True rumours I know now."

There was silence. George continued before Grandma could say something.

"They say he's there Ron. His ghost. Fred's ghost."

Ron gasped. Grandma turned away from him.

"Don't do this to yourself George. Don't do this to me."

"I've been looking at it for a long time. It's true. I know it is. I'm going to find his ghost. I'm going to have Fred again." 

He sounded as this was the only string he had left to cling to. 

"George no!" Grandma said, tears falling, "He's gone! Don't you think we would have found him if he was a ghost? Wouldn't he come to us? He's never coming back, George! Ever!"

Uncle Ron looked on the verge of tears.

"George your only going to hurt yourself again."

George looked furious.

"What if he is at there? Trapped, unable to reach us! I need to! Can't you see how much I need this?"

Albus took a deep breath.

"I'll help you. I'll help you find him."

Grandma and Uncle Ron looked shocked.

"Albus? Did you hear all of that?"

George gave him a weak smile.

"Rule number one of eavesdropping. Never make yourself known, even if heroically."

Albus looked at the floor.

"Sorry about that. I really am. But what I heard, I really want to help you George. Uncle George"

"Just George is fine. I haven't really been much of an uncle anyways."

Grandma seemed to have recovered from her shock.

"Albus it was very wrong to have eavesdrop. We will talk about it later. Please go outside now and join the others while I finish up with your Uncle George."

Albus, who was too scared to argue, meekly left to join everyone outside. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nova looked worried when he finally sat on the long picnic bench beside her.

"Where were you all this time?"

Albus looked at all the adults in earshot who would obviously overreact.

"Long story. I'll tell you later."

Nova looked like she was about to protest, but Albus shushed her.

"Later."

A few minutes later, a hassled looking Grandma came out followed by Ron. A parade of dishes levitated by magic trailed them. Everyone was instantly transfixed by the countless mouthwatering morsels. 

"Remeber the bet," whispered Albus.

"I'm still confident."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two hours of solid eating later, Albus was flabbergasted that Nova was still holding on.

"Another drumstick sounds good," she said with a smirk.

"I can't believe you."

Albus had given up eating half an hour ago.

"So what's my prize?"

"It's not over yet. Dessert is yet to come."

Nova faked being terrified. 

"Oh no, it's challenge mode!"

"The peach cobbler certainly is a killer."

Turns out, the peach cobbler barely made a dent.

"I have never had such a delicious chocolate cake," Nova said to Mrs. Weasley.

"I'm glad to see a growing girl with a healthy appetite."

From Grandma, this had never been heard before.  Nova was clearly an eating class on her own.