Chapter 1

"Signorina, there's a call for you" Anita says holding the phone for me in my office.

"Grazie Anita" I say taking the phone out of her hand.

"Buon giorno"I said into the phone.

"Buon giorno Valentina" signora rosa says cheery.

"Ciao Signora Rose, how may I help you?"

"I have a friend who wants to buy jewelry from the finest. So I suggested you"

"Okay. When will they be by?"

"Pomeriggio(afternoon)"

"Okay grazie signora rose"

"Grazie, Caio"

"Caio"

I hang up the phone and leave out my office.

"Everyone I need your attention" I say softly clapping to caught their attention.

"Signora Rosa is having a friend come over to see our finest jewelry. So make sure everything is spotless and placed nicely and I want the finest of the finest on display. I want a good first impression on this mysterious friend of signora rose. Now go"

Everyone scatter around cleaning, dusting, fixing decor , and etc. I go back to my office to make a few more calls for my finest jewelry.

****************

"Valentina! Signora rose is here with a man" Carla said a little nervous.

"Okay, I will be there" I fix my knee-length black pencil skirt and my ruffled white blouse before walking out to greet my customers.

As I walk out the office I see signora rosa talking to Carla about jewelry and I see the back of a man. His shoulders were broad. His black wavy hair was slick to the back. He looks handsome in his black business suit. If only I could see his gorgeous face.

"Signora rose, Here is Valentina" Carla announce grinning.

"Ciao Valentina my darling. It's such a pleasure to see you today and you look beautiful. That diamond necklace is just fabulous. Is there anymore like that?" signora rose happily exclaims.

"Si"

"Oh good. Show me that later but right now I am just going to look around until my friend arrives"

"Very well. Call me if you need anything"

"Will do"

"Signor how may I help you?" I asked the man who was still facing away from me.

"Ciao Valentina cara" he beamed.

"Oh Salvatorio I didn't know it was you. You look so different from the back" I say blushing slightly.

"I've been trying new looks lately. I wanted to impress my fiancée at the engagement party soon" he runs his hands through his hair ,smiling.

He was gorgeous for one thing but when he did that he almost made me faint.

"So who's the lucky one?" I ask curious.

"I would like to keep that to myself"

"Si, mi dispiace(I am sorry)" I look away shyly feeling embarrass.

"Signorina I didn't mean it that way. I like to keep my fiancée surprised and guessing" Salvatorio says smirking as he lift my chin with his hand.

"Non capisco?( I don't understand?)" I was confused. what was he talking about.

"You will see. A doppo(see you soon)" he peeked my cheek and then leaves. I stand there as he hop inside his car.

"Salvatorio loves you" signora rose says from behind me.