Chapter 2

After annoyingly hearing the phone constantly ring I grab the phone and push talk.

"Hello" I mutter.

"Good morning cara, are you still sleeping?" Salvatorio asked.

"Yes" I said in whisper. I was literally half sleep.

"Oh, are you working today?"

"Working?...... Oh my god" I leaped out of bed and looked at the clock I was 15 minutes late. I hope Carla was there.

"Sal I got to go. I'm late for work" I say in a hurry as I look through my closet for some work clothes.

"Alright. when you get back I need to talk to you about something"

"I hope it's not about marriage. I will not get married to no man. I don't need a man in my life" I angrily said.

"I know" he said sounding disappointed.

"I have to go"

"Okay ciao"

"Ciao"

I toss my phone on the bed and hurry to the shower. I just broke my record. I was literally in then our of the shower within 5 minutes. I slipped on my clothes and just left my hair damped. I didn't have time to blow dry it. I grab my white pumps to go with my white pencil skirt and light pink dress shirt.

"Mamma!!" I yell as I run down the stairs.

"Yes Valentina"

"Is there any quick breakfast or something I can eat? I'm late for work" I put on my pumps and sling my purse over my shoulder.

"Here take this" mamma hands me a bowl of green grapes and sparkling water.

"Grazie mamma. I love you" I kissed mamma cheek and then darted out the door.

******************

When I got to work I relaxed. Carla was taking over nicely.

"Carla what's been happening while I was gone?" I ask as I walk to my office.

"Nothing really. Just the same everyday. Someone buying jewelry but there was a tiny little surprise" Carla smiled.

"What was that?"

"Signora rose sent a gentleman to get an engagement ring. I asked him why. He told me it was for Salvatorio fiancée"

"Who do you think it is?" I ask hoping it wasn't me.

"Uh......Well Salvatorio has been seen with this women named Anita. So I guess he's getting engage to her"

"Anita who's she?"

"A lady that works in the clothes store. The store is so beautiful and just wonderful. I have brought a couple of items from there. But anywho he went there and word around says he has falling in love with her"

"Is she pretty?"

"Yes of course. The women has style. She has wavy blond hair that about to elbow length. Creamy color skin. Huge almond shaped eyes that are baby blue. Long gorgeous eyelashes and -"

I cut her off before she can finish. Even though I didn't want to be with him I still didn't want a lady on him.

"I think that's enough for me" I walk away to go busy myself but Carla follows.

"Are you jealous Valentina?" Carla ask placing her hand on my shoulder.

"No, why should I?"

"Because you seem so offensive. I think you like Salvatorio but you just don't want to admit it" Carla comes to my side and lean her head on my shoulder.