Chapter 3: Mobster

I woke up and it was around 11:00. Work didn't start till 8:30 pm. I shuffled out of bed, and ate some toast. I changed into a black skirt and a button up navy blue shirt. I put my coat on, and walked out. "Mornin' (Y/N)!" Said Mrs. Boom, my landlady. I nodded as a greeting and walked out.

   I stopped by a local diner, and waited for the waitress to serve me. A man sat on a stool drinking some coffee. I tapped my finger on the white table, waiting again. They had terrible service, but food you could die for. Finally, she came over, "How can I help you?" She asked in a monotone voice.

   I opened my mouth to say my order, but gun shots exploded from outside. I ducked under the table, grabbing the waitress as I did. I could see glass shards spreading around the black and white checkered floor. She screamed and I told her to shut up.

   Many footsteps echoed through the small diner. I saw some dress shoes in front of the table we were hiding under. One of them grabbed the man sitting on the stool. "Ray! Where's our money?" A voice boomed from one of the men. It sounded like a deep-voiced woman though.

   "L-L-Look, n-no hard-d f-f-feelings, right?" Ray stuttered, giving a terrified smile. "You haven't payed us since 2 months ago. We gotta let you go," A familiar voice said. Ray started stuttering nonsense, but a gun shot roared in the diner. The waitress almost screamed, but I covered her mouth with my hand.

   I took my hand off her mouth, my palm smeared with red lipstick. I groaned and wiped it on the floor. "Ya know I have ta clean that up later?" She whispered to me. I rolled my eyes, "Shut up!" I covered my mouth, realizing how loud I sounded. The table was lifted and thrown away.

   "Well. Lookit here! Hostages!" The woman yelled. I squeezed my eyes shut, not daring to look up at the mobsters. "INDEED. LET'S TAKE THEM BEFORE THE POLICE GET HERE!" A voice practally screamed. I covered my head with my hands.

   I felt tears brimming on my eyelids. "Yeah! Wait...toots?" The familiar voice whispered. I looked up and saw a fish lady, an incredibly tall skeleton, and a short skeleton. "S-Sans?" I stuttered as I locked our eyes together. Ray was on the floor dead, and I heard faint sirens.

   "Paps! Grab the hostages and run!" The fish lady ordered. I was picked up and slung over the taller skeleton's shoulder. The waitress kicked and screamed, while I was silent. I was still in shock that Sans, the amazing skeleton I went on a date with, was a killer for money.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

   I woke up in a chair. I was tied down, and there was a rag wrapped around my mouth. I looked around, and I saw Sans sitting in front of me. His face was blank, emotionless. I tried to speak, but it came out muffled.

   He walked over and removed the rag. "Why'd you kill a guy?!" I yelled. He knelt down, and put a finger under my chin, "Look, toots. I'm a mobster. If people don't pay me, I kill 'em. That guy just so happens to be my highest payer. But, I didn't get my gold, so someone has to be punished-"

   "You killed him! How is that a punishment? You're... You're a monster!" I shouted. He sighed and stood back up. "I thought we had somethin', (Y/N)," He muttered before leaving the room.

   I swallowed nervously and hung my head low. Before I knew it, I fell asleep.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

   I woke up when I felt myself getting loose. I looked around wildly, and saw a goat last loosening the ropes. She smiled warmly at me, and untied the ropes that kept my feet together.

   "Hello. Sans said that you can stay here and help me. I am Toriel," she cooed. I smiled awkwardly at her, as she untied the ropes on my wrists. I rubbed my wrists, and she undid the rope around my waist. I stood up shakily, my legs stiff.

   "What will I be doing?" I asked the goat lady. She smiled and took my hands.

   "Cooking and baking of course!"