Chapter 12: What...?

"METTATON? (Y/N)? WHERE WERE YOU?" Papyrus yelled as he ran over to us. Toriel's face was plastered with worry, while Asgore's looked too happy to explain.

"We went out shopping. I don't see what all the fuss is about," Mettaton murmured. Asgore spoke up.

"We thought that Butch's Demons took you. The hostage back at the bakery is part of them."

Butch's Demons...? What...?

Toriel seemed to notice my confusion. "My child, Butch's Demons are a dangerous mob. When someone is wanted, or important, they'll take them. They'll torture you, make you tell them every little information you can muster up. Since you're up for money... we thought they'd go after you..."

My brow was furrowed, my eyes glued to Toriel. A thought came to my mind, and looked around the elegant front room.

"Where's Sans?" I asked.

Papyrus scratched the back of his skull, "WE... WE DON'T EXACTLY KNOW WHERE HE'S AT. HE LEFT TO GO SOMEWHERE, AND WELL... HASN'T COME BACK."

I froze up. He can't just disappear on me... right?

   I sighed and sat next to Frisk, who immediately hugged my arm. I smiled down at them, and they smiled at me.

   "I'll check the bakery. He might be there," I mumbled. Mettaton sat next to me, fixing his fedora. "Darling, you can't go alone. What if-"

   I chuckled a little, "I had an older brother, MTT. I'll be fine." He smiled, but it was more of an attempt to be happy smile. I stood up, fixing my dress. I should get overalls like Frisk, they look comfy...

   I placed the floppy hat on me, and wrapped myself in a coat. I waved and walked on the gravel, then started the car.

   The bakery was unlocked. Since it was close to Christmas, it was closed. Well, it's suppost to be closed... I carefully stepped on the oak wood floor, making sure I don't make a sound. Something seemed off about this place...

   "S-Sans..?" I squeaked. No response. "Sans?" I said a little louder. Then I noticed the door of the basement was open. I gulped and shuffled over to it.

   I peeked down the stairs, and saw light. "Sans?" I whispered. Still no response. I sighed and slowly, and carefully walked down the stairs. I took a deep breath before I went down the last few steps.

   I observed my surroundings. The floor was concrete, small cracks on the smooth gray floor. I smelled smoke, and scrunched up my nose. I walked silently around, until I saw him.

   "S-Sans!" I whispered.

   He lit up a match, and lit his cigar. His hand was in his pocket, a bandage on his cheekbone. He looked bored, it like he was waiting for something. Sans looked at me, his white pin-pricks going thin. He dropped the match, and thank God, it had already burnt out.

   I ran to him, and he set his cigar on a table. I crashed into him, hugging him tightly. He hugged back after the shock. "I-I thought you were kidnapped..." he muttered into my hair. He gave me one more squeeze of the hug, then let go, laying his hands on my shoulders.

   I gave him a toothy smile, and he chuckled quietly to himself. I heard a groan from the corridor. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up. "What was that?" I asked him.

   "It's an old place, the floors always creak, Angel," I blushed at the nickname he gave me. He pressed our foreheads together, then lightly bumped his teeth on my mouth.

   After what seemed an eternity, I told him what has happened. His eye sockets widened as the story went on, and of course, laughing wildly after the 'Ima Not-her' fiasco.

   "Really? Angel, I knew you're bright but... Ima Not-her?" He laughed again. I blushed in embarrassment, and lightly punched his shoulder, "It was right on the spot! Would you rather have me turned in?" I questioned him with a smile.

   He chuckled and shook his head, entwining our hands together, "Angel, I wouldn't give you up for the world." I laughed at how cheesy he was... And God... I need pizza right now.

   "Sans? I know there's a pizza place just a few blocks away, can we go there?" I pleaded. His normal smile got bigger, "I was thinking the same. I could go for some pizza." I chuckled and we walked up the stairs, and I placed my hat on, then walked out, our arms linked together.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! And for those who don't celebrate Christmas, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! I dunno if this is a 'Holiday Present' but I updated chapter 12! And here's another "present" (notice the "" around the present) I'm going to to a face reveal on My Derpy Book of Randomness! A lot of you have been sending me messages about showing my face, and having a YouTube channel, and I MIGHT be getting one. Depends on my grades and attitude. But, anyway, see you in the next update, and MERRY CHRISTMAS/ HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU, Childish Readers! ⛄️