c h a p t e r 8

My chapters of the day! I'll  post nine and ten tomorrow! Enjoy!

Additionally, sorry for the shortness.

~~~~~~~~~~

The next day was simple enough. She did her normal routine at work, and Draco stopped by a couple of times to say hello, to which she looked forward to every time the door opened.

People stopped giving her the pity stares, which she now called them, and her life was back to it's pretty normal state.

Right as she was about to leave, the secretary opened Hermione's door after a brisk knock, and she was presented with flowers. They were beautiful, much like the ones Ron had given her last night. She opened the small envelope attached, enchanted for only her to see.

Hermione- I love you so very much, please take these flowers so I can show you my love and how sorry I am.

With love, Ron

Touched at the least by this chivalrous gesture, she placed them on her desk and headed to the floo network to go to a boutique back home that she loved. She wanted to visit her parents as well, for she hadn't seen them in over a month and missed them.

After a shopping spree with her mom by her side, which was the most fun she had had in a long time, and a delicious dinner prepared by her dad- the best cook she had ever known- she headed back home with heavy bags on her arms.

She went to her wardrobe, and took out all of the old, drab clothing. Now was a time for her to start fresh and pick herself back up, and she chose to recreate herself by how she looks.

She was decently pretty, but she never took much time looking like she knew she could. So now, with the new clothes and makeup, the hair products too, she was ready to look like new.

The next few days flew by, each day getting compliments galore on her new looks. Additionally, she got flowers daily, sometimes twice a day. Her letter back from Ginny confirmed that she had know nothing about any of it, and nor had Harry. After a few reassuring paragraphs from her closest friend, she put the letter aside and sprung into her work.

All was well, and Draco made regular appearances at her office. He came just to tell her that his favorite Quiditch team had won a game, or that he heard gossip that a coworker was planning on asking him out soon, because of his amazing looks.

She had come to love these little visits, ever since the first one after her makeover

Days ago, she was reading about a new muggle/magic case, preparing leads for the investigators, like usual, when Drake had stopped by.

He came right in, not pausing to knock, and said "Hey I was wondering..." Then trailed off as she looked up. She was standing by a filing cabinet in the corner of her office, and he gave her a long, meticulous once over.

By anyone else, she would have found it perverted and have cussed them out. But this was Draco, she remembered. He was used to being able to look as long as he wants, and plus he looked good himself, so she couldn't complain the thought happily.

Where did that come from? Not once had she ever wanted to check out Drake, and he shouldn't have the luxury to look at her, so she went and sat at her desk instead.

"Wow," he had started, "you look just..." But he never finished.

Conveniently, Hermione had picked up for him by saying "Ah is it possibly true that you are speechless in the presence of a girl?"She laughed and he turned red. "Oh! And you are blushing, this is just too good!"

He then said, as if regaining his composure, "Well you clean up well. Who knew you were actually a girl under those clothes you used to wear." They both laughed, she remembered, her at his arrogance and him at his wording.

She never knew, however, that he was just falling for her more and more.

They talked for a while about the muggle/wizard case that Hermione was working on, and the Draco claimed he had to leave and finish a few things at his office space.

They said good-byes, and then Draco closed the door of her office behind him. He leaned against it and put his head in his hands. He needed to show her that he cared for her, that he could make her feel special.

And he decided to do just that.