c h a p t e r 10

Enjoy! ;)

Thank you to everyone! I hope you are liking the story, and leave comments if you want!

~~~~~~~~~~

The waitress, who had been flirting with Draco since they got their table, came with the check, saying, "Thank you, Mr. Malfoy. Here is your check is there anything else I can get you?" As she touched his hand and rubbed it up to his arm.

He smiled his signature grin, and her eyelashes fluttered. "Nope, I think I'm good for now. Have a good night." And with that he looked at Hermione. The waitress walked away quickly after that rejection.

Hermione was, at the least, upset. And she guessed it was written on her face when Drake said, "Oh, don't you get jealous on me now Granger. As if I'll go for a girl like her when I have you." He smiled at her, truly genuine with his words.

Rather than be relived, as he had intended, she stood up abruptly, beaming shades of red she didn't even know was humanly possible. "Uh, thanks, Malfoy, for the celebratory dinner tonight.  I'll be going home now. See you later."

She walked out of The Stars, and was about to apparate back home when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Blimey, Granger, why did you walk out on me like that? I thought we were having a good time." He looked distressed and ran a hand through his already messy hair. He was intent on making up for the years of his terrible behavior towards her, by taking her on dates, buying her stuff, making her feel special.

But this all backfired. He makes one joke and she leaves, but he wouldn't let her get away that easily.

"I need to go, I'm-"

She started but was cut off when he said "No, please just come to one more place I wanted to go with you tonight."

Before she could counter, he grabbed her and did a side by side apparation to a hill that he loved near his old Manor. It had a beautiful view of the skys above, and he knew that Hermione would love it.

He planned on taking her there, and he was right when he saw her gasp at the beauty up above them. She sat down, still looking at the stars, and lied down on the hill, looking up.

She was in awe, simply in awe. She had loved the stars late at night as a child, but she was never able to get such a beautiful view from where she lived in the city. Out here it was open, and just so beautiful, and so romantic.

Only as she realized this she remembered Draco had apparated them there. She looked next to her and saw that Drake was lying next to her, staring at her already.

"Hermione, I'm sorry for offend-" but he was cut off by Hermione as she kissed him. When he realized what was happening, he kissed her back, thinking the entire time about how much he was in love with her.

Hermione was surprised by her actions. Never would she had done that at work or at that restaurant. But now, under these romantic stars up top of this hill, she could kiss him. And she knew, from that moment on, that she was falling for him.

She completely melted into the sweet kiss. It was absolutely surreal, ever emotion that was coursing through her. He spun her around so he could lay her gently on the blanket.

The kiss quickly deepened into something more. The passion between them just erupted, but it just happened oh so fast. She was about to pull away when Drake stirred above her.

Pausing the kiss reluctantly, Drake pulled away, saying softly, barley audible, "Blimey, Hermione, I love you." And that was all she needed as she kissed him again.

She leaned over him, until Draco rolled over, pinning her under his sturdy arms. They kissed with passion, the tension that had built until this finally breaking as they kissed under the starry night sky.

Soon it was time to go, after cuddling under the stars for what felt like hours. He apparated them both to her house, and she got up to the door, when she turned around back to Drake and said, "Thank you, Draco, for such a great night. I-I," she stuttered, then mumbled coherently so Draco couldn't hear.

They kissed a passionate and lengthy  good-bye and she went into her apartment, and closed the door on Draco, thanking him for such a great night.

Without thinking, her fingers briefly brushing her lips as she leaned against the door and smiled.