c h a p t e r 12

Enjoy!

Sorry for the shortness!

~~~~~~~~~~

So weird, she was thinking, but she followed him out of the door. Outside, as if realizing their intertwined arms, he let go and instead held her hand. Even though they had done this hundreds of times these last years of dating, this time she felt a tingling sensation through her body starting in her palm and fingers holding onto his.

It was just like how she felt with Draco, but how could she ever compare Draco with Ron? She realized she really needed to stop comparing this date to her "celebration" with Draco yesterday.

She had all of these weird thoughts circulating in the back of her mind, but she had to clear her mind before asking the "big question" about at Gracie girl. Well now is as good of time as ever.

"Ron," she started tentatively, as they sat down at a bench facing the waters edge near the shops. He turned to face her so she just launched right in. "I gave you this chance, and as much as I used to love you, how am I supposed to know that you won't hurt me anymore? Because, believe me, I was a mess once I found out you cheated me with this Gracie girl, so I changed my appearance and tried to get over it all. So yep, here I am, how can you prove to me that you should have another chance?"

She was scared, so she said all of this rushed and a bit unsteadily, ready to cry at any second even though there was no reason too.

"Hermione, I love you. It's that simple," and she believed it as she stared into his eyes. She was ready to hug him, but then he started talking again after a moment of thought. She halted, waiting for him to continue.

His face was puckered, and turning red by the second. Finally, Ron took a deep breath, ready to talk, but stopped, turned his head as if looking around, as kissed her hard on the mouth.

She gasped, but then melted into the kiss that was so unlike any she had ever had with Ron. Never had he ever kissed her with such passion as he was on that bench, and Hermione couldn't help herself from thinking of Draco and his similar way of how he kissed her yesterday.

But she pushed it aside and thought instead, yes this is what kissing feels like, strong and full of emotions. And she realized by that point that Ron wasn't lying when he said he still loved her, as he kissed her with such love. The tingling sensation spread through her, and finally she pulled away reluctantly.

There was an old feeling, however, as a sense of déjà vu settled over her. She finally opened her eyes and saw Ron staring at her, such as asking her if that was a good kiss or not. She found herself standing up, the most confused she had felt ever, even more than when she was trying to find the horcuxes.

She looks at Ron and says, "I'm sorry I'm just confused right now. I need to think about this." She doesn't even know what's confusing her. Is it possible that she actually loves Ron too? After her sure feelings of Draco?

Feeling frustrated and hopeless, she turns to leave when Ron looks at her with utter despair. "I l-love you. You are too good for anyone else." His gaze holds more meaning than what could be at all possible. How could he know about Draco?

It's impossible. She thinks back to what she had said previously that night. She never gave any hints to what her relationship was with Draco at all other than coworker friends.

Ugh this was giving her a major headache and needed some rest. Just as she heard Ron say, "Hermione," she apparated home and took a cold shower, thinking things through.

She was still confused about everything as she went to bed, and she fell into a restless sleep.

Drake couldn't sleep. He hated himself after what he had done to Hermione. He tricked her, making her go on that "celebratory date" with him, making her believe in a fantasy that could never happen. He loves her, he truly does, ever since that first year, and the feelings he had tried to punch down have been growing ever since.

But, she needs someone better, someone with a better past than his who is deserving of the smart and beautiful, brown eyed girl he now is in love with. She deserves someone who has had a history of friendship and love towards her, someone like Weasley no matter how much Draco hated him.

And he knew that person wasn't him, that he could never have that past of love with her. And he needs to stop this before he falls too hard that it would hurt him too much.