c h a p t e r 14

Sorry for the errors but enjoy!

Another long one! ;)

~~~~~~~~~~

Shoot, Hermione thought, she wanted to tell her all of this differently. "Oh, blimey, I was going to tell you but forgot. So we were kinda partners for a work assignment, and then we just clicked and because friends. Then he wanted to go for a celebratory dinner at The Stars," she paused at the sight of Ginny's eyes widening even more, if that was even possible, "and well then I kissed him and he said he loved me and I, caught up in the moment, knew I had fallen for him too. And then he hasn't talked to me until this morning when he said he never wanted to see me again, Ginny. And Ron, for some reason, seemed to know about Draco and me, even though I only told him about our friendship." She stopped, out of breath after that long, rushed confession.

"Wow, Hermione, I never would have thought this could happen! And Ron hates Malfoy so why would he even let you be friends with him in the first place? Hermione, something just doesn't add up here. And I have a feeling it has to do with Malfoy." Ginny stated without a trace of doubt, because when she believes something she doesn't let people contradict her.

"And it's the only thing that makes sense right? Ron has been with me the entire time, and is there a time turner missing or something?" Ginny asked.

"No," Hermione whispered, "I checked a couple weeks ago, and then just this morning to prove it." Hermione was lost in thoughts. It was so unbelievable.

Then, as if hearing them, Draco walking into her office. "Hermione, I am so sorry, I-" then he abruptly stopped when he saw Ginny sitting opposite of Hermione. Instead, he turned bright red, and started to leave.

"Whoah! Malfoy apologizing! That hasn't happened in the history of time, has it?" Ginny teased as she spelled the door closed, then charmed it so Malfoy couldn't open it with spells.

"I'll just come back later Hermione," he squeaked and ran to the door, trying to spell it open, and then gave up when he realized he couldn't. Ginny smirked. Draco looked stuck. And Hermione just found it so amusing how her little fierce friend could make him so scattered. 

Hermione then spelled a chair in to come and make him sit, then had it come up to the table that she and Ginny were sitting at.

"Draco," she started quietly, "I need you to be honest with me."

Before she could continue, however, Ginny lept in and told the entire story with Ron, up until the very moment he walked in. Additionally, she added, "And in all honesty, he seems completely over Hermione, sorry," she added quickly at the end as she looked at Hermione.

Each time Draco looked at Hermione, he winced and turned red. When Ginny was done, Malfoy was a tomato and Ginny exclaimed, "Wow! And you can make him blush too, huh Hermione?"

As a response, she stared at Drake until he finally looked up at her. "Did you have anything to do with this, Malfoy?" Hermione said it softly, wanting to have him calmed when he answered. And she could tell by his guilty look that he had a huge role in these events.

"Hermione, I-" and he just stopped, looking, probably for the first time the girls had ever seen, like he could cry. "You make this too hard, and I love you, I always have been, and the feeling have grown ever since, but I'm not good enough for you, you deserve better than me and-"

Then the realization hit Hermione like a brick.

Ginny still seemed completely confused when Hermione stopped him. All she said was "It was you the whole time," quietly, and the look of despair on his face only confirmed that. Ginny was still puzzled, as Hermione added, "'Ron told me on the date yesterday that I deserved better, and indirectly he had meant Draco, or hisself for that matter. But the only people who would know about us were just....us. So literally either you spelled yourself or used something... You used pollyjuice potion to trick me into thinking it was Ron apologizing, right Malfoy?"

As she ended her realization, she heard Ginny gasp. And she knew it all fell into place at that moment. The reason she felt that tingling with Ron and Draco was because it was Draco the entire time. Ron had never been able to make her heart flutter like Malfoy could.

She suddenly felt like crying, either from the fact that Ron's apologies had been lies or the fact that she was a stupid girl and fell for it. Malfoy, ever the cunning jerk he was, was able to best her.

She got up, intent on leaving the room, when both Ginny and Draco grabbed her shoulders and pushed her back into her seat. Under different circumstances she would have laughed.

Just kidding, this was the perfect opportunity to laugh. So Hermione did. She laughed at how stupid Draco was for doing something so bogus and pointless. Like what was his plan? Make her fall in love with the guy who was completely over him. It was a joke. It was funny in the most self devastating way possible.

"Malfoy. I have always admired your intellect. But come on," Hermione said between breaths, "this was either the dumbest fucking plan I've ever heard of to win my favor or a cruel joke to hurt me. Regardless, I--" Her face falls for a moment. She was unsure about what to do next.

Ginny, ever the protective one, glared at Malfoy as he started to speak, and he gulped audibly, visibly scared of the feisty red head that enjoys hexing people who deserve it--and he deserved it.

"Hermione look at me," he started calmly, but she wouldn't look up, as she seemed to be intrigued with the desk she was sitting at. "I said look, Hermione," and he went over to her side, kneeling in front of her, gently raising her chin with up his hand and she felt the tingles that have become commonly known throughout the weeks.

She finally pulled her eyes up, looking into his stormy grey eyes, which stared at her brown ones with a pleading look.

"Hermione, I, Draco Malfoy, am in love with you. I have been since I met you at  Hogwarts. I had heard you talking before we actually met, and you talked as if anything is possible, and to you it was. And I took a real liking to you, but I called you terrible names that I never should have and I deeply regret now, all because I knew my family would never approve, and I was too cowardly to stand up to my parents. So now, I tried becoming friends, but I feel even deeper in love with you, and I knew I wasn't good enough for you, the beautiful and young witch of the age. So I pretended to be Ron, to try to get you in love with him. I then planned to wipe Weasley's memory, and replace it with these dates and the flowers and all of that, so you could live happily with him. I never thought you would ever find out, and now I am ashamed to ever had done this, and I am deeply sorry. Even now, I know you could never love a monster like me, after tricking you and lying." At that he ended his confession.

He walked over to the door and left, the charm that was on the door had faded by this time. He looked over at her as he left, staring at her, until she shed a small tear, and then his face fell as he walked out and closed the door.

Ginny looked at Hermione. "He really is the dumbest fucking loser on this planet."

Hermione  nodded, thinking the confession over.

"But you love him, don't you?" Ginny just asked with an eye roll and a smirk that could put Draco's to shame.

Hermione just nodded again.