CHAPTER I

Sherlock Holmes was in the crossroads between insanity and chaos. The whole flat was a hell hole. Books and files were on every shelf and corner the eye could see, newspaper clippings littered the floor, the bow of his violin was broken in several places while the instrument itself lost its strings. It has been like this for a long time and Mrs. Hudson finally refused to enter untill order was restored.

That was the week before.

It was a miracle that the seats weren't overturned.

"Bloody Hell, Sherlock! The mess!"

The bewildered face of no other than Dr. John Watson filled the doorway. Instantly, Sherlock examined him head to toe.

"Good morning to you too, John. How was the couch?"

"I'm sorry?"

"Once more, it's quite obvious. Your hair is flat on one side, nearer to the top which can only be from when you have laid down sideways with your head on the armrest. If you had slept for instance, on a bed with high pillows, the result would've had a wider area covered.

"Next is in your stance. You're weight is centered on one point and that is your right foot and you haven't shifted it. This would indicate that you slept on your right side most of or throughout the night.

"Lastly, your wife called me last night. According to her, it was some serious row that got you kicked out of your own house. Regardless if she did or didn't tell me, I would've figured it out anyway."

John chuckled and took a seat across from the consulting detective.

"Funnily enough, I'm not surprised."

"You're not?"

"I've known you for years, I've seen you die even! I don't think you have any more surprises."

Sherlock smirked at his statement.

"What?"

"Having to die was just me getting started."