CHAPTER VI

When Sherlock came back, Mycroft was already sound asleep. He and John silently left the ICU and took the tube home. No words transpired between them until Baker Street came into view. Sherlock was the one who spoke first when they got out of the cab.

"We weren't able to finish the research this morning."

"If this is how you start conversations nowadays, you are terribly hopeless."

"Just saying, we might have to actually broadcast your recording."

John threw his head back.

"You had to bring that up. Well sorry but my mental state is not prepared for another conversation about my personality."

He closed his eyes and willed the conversation to be over and done with. It didn't work.

"Conversation hmmm? Has this said conversation transpired between you and Mycroft?"

Before John could pull of a face of utter shock, the door was opened...by Greg.

"Took the two of you bloody long enough."

Apparently Sherlock arranged a rendezvous with Greg and Molly and if I may add, while never mentioning it to Watson in any way.

*********

In a normal household, greetings would be exchanged, hands would be shaken, coats would be hung, and refreshment would be offered, may it be water, tea, wine or coffee in the dining area.

In the perspective of reader and writer alike, the science of deduction is unnecessary in determining this household to be far from borderlines of normal.

"Am I the only one who doesn't take sugar in his coffee?"

"You take a shit in the office?" Sherlock, who sat across from John, shot him a confused gaze, clearly mishearing the question

"You take a shit in your coffee?"

"That makes less sense, Greg!"

"As if you did!"

" I do not 'Take a shit' in my office!"

"So it's in your coffee then?"

"No!'

"Do stop hollering! We are all in the same room." Mrs. Hudson came in clearly not pleased with the behavior of the three men. She and Molly carried trays full of snacks and coffee.

"Thanks you Ms. Hooper, you can put it down there. I heard that you all got up early. I hope I prepared enough. How much sugar do you want, John?"

"I do not take sugar in my coffee!"

"John Hamish Watson, what is that tone!" Silence reigned in the room for a full three seconds.

"Sorry Mrs. Hudson."

*********

"Oh, and John, a box came in this morning a few minuets after you left. I asked for it to be moved into your room."

When the food and coffee were consumed, the small party began conversing about the case. According to Molly, there was nothing about the poisonous fungi in the laboratory database.

"I'll check on it later Mrs. Hudson."

"Why can't Mrs. Watson hack into Mycroft's database? John, where is your wife anyway?"

Sherlock noticed John wince. He looked around and realized that no one else saw the miniscule reaction.

"She's at home Greg."

"It seems that our favorite couple had a row yesterday the other day."

"Not now Sherlock."

"And has exiled John here from his own home."

"Please, Holmes. Bad timing" John was grinding his teeth already.

"At this point, I am still unable to provide a plausible answer to why she would do that."

"Sherlock, that's enough." Molly was able to notice John's tension and tried to stop the detective.

"From what I know, the two of them had had a very stable relationship, until now."

"Sherlock Homes, not in front of everyone." Mrs. Hudson caught up not so long after.

"So my question for you now John is-"

"She asked for a divorce, Sherlock!"