CHAPTER VII

Filler. May or may not be sorry. Hehe!

Rogue_Pilot

John couldn't take another word. He tried to walk away unscathed. He tried to stop thinking. He tried to stop his own bleeding. To heal. To end the war that began like wildfire. He wanted to stop, well, himself.

So he shoved the door...hard.

He needed to stop. Just, stop. He needed a break from everything. Where is the battlefield when you need it?

He walked away. Where away would be? He could care less. As long as it was away. He waited for the adrenaline. The energy that would consume him when he asked for it. The instinct to survive. The will to survive a war.

A war with what?

"Shit!" His knee buckled and he fell to the pavement.

"Damn it! What now?"

He didn't feel the adrenaline. There was no way of surviving in dark, brackish water at night. It wasn't emptiness either. He felt...tired. For the first time since God knows when, he didn't have the strength to move. It was hopeless to escape.

"Sir, are you alright?" A man and his family hurriedly approached him. The man struggled with walking even when his wife and what looked like his son supported him.

"It's Doctor Watson!" A young girl, around four years old, squealed when John looked up at them. Her older brother stared at him in awe.

"Doctor John, what a surprise! Let me help you." The wife extended her free hand to the fallen man.

"Oh, no, it's fine. I think I slipped." He tried to get back up but his leg didn't respond the way it should and he winced as he fell back down.

"Tina, help the man."

"It's alright, I can take it from here."

Another female came up to help John up be for the man's wife, Tina could move.

"Really, it's alright!"

John turned around to see who helped him up and was shocked to see the familiar face.

"Well, if you really are in good hands Dr. Watson, best my family and I be on our way."

"Yes, thank you sir."

The family left and John's attention was on the woman.

"I didn't think I'd see you Harry."

"You never came over to visit. How could you see me?"