Showing up at his Doorsteps

"Rose, wake up...... Rose," I felt someone push me lightly. I ignore the voice and continued to sleep and snuggle into my pillow. "ROSE!!!!" And I bolt my eyes open to see I'm on the floor. I look up and see my little sister with a evil smirk on her face. "I told you to wake up and you didn't, so that's what you get," she says and her expression remained the same. I groan and internally slap myself realizing that today was Monday and I had to go to school. I pick myself off the floor to see Danny dancing. 

"What are you doing?" I question her. She stops and shrugs. I eye her and sigh and then come to the realization that Andrew's birthday party was today. Now, it was my turn to smirk, "Are you sure it's nothing. Maybe it has something to do with Andrew." Her face was bright red. Danny stomped her foot and rushed out of the room. "Okay, Okay, I'm sorry.... come back!" She didn't. I shrug it off and walk towards the washroom. 

I instantly strip and walk into the shower. I feel the warm water hit my body and use a Vanilla body wash. And this is my cue to start a rant and overwhelm my mind with all kinds of things. 

What should I wear for the party tonight?

I know what you all are wondering, it's a party for kids why is your 17 year old ass going to a 8 year old's birthday party. Well, when I called Andrew's mom, regarding a few things such as if she's going to be their and when it ends because the invitation was poorly written. Obviously, Andrew wrote it. She asked me if I could help her supervise the party since she can't do it alone. And here I am thinking what I should wear. Whatever, I'll decided an hour before going, that's what I always do and it seems to work. 

I jump out of the shower and wrap my naked body with a towel. I make my way towards my closet and pull a simple white shirt and skinny black rip jeans. I pull them on and grab my army jacket and my school bag before heading towards the kitchen. I see my mum and little sister. "Good morning mum, Danny," I greet them. 

"Good morning sweetheart," my mum replies and walks towards me and gives me a kiss on my cheek. I look at Danny, who still hasn't said anything, I guess she's mad, but it won't be long until she starts talking to me.

"Hey, Rose when are we leaving for Drew's birthday party?" Bingo! I knew she would talk sooner or later. 

"Drew? Since when did you go from Andrew to Drew?" I ask. Her face was red as a tomato. My mum starts to laugh and she starts mumbling things under her breath. "Alright, chill. Gee, Danny. We will go at 4:30 because I need to help Andrew's mom." Danny just glared and then nods. I take a sip from my coffee and gobble the toast down my throat. I'm not a bird or anything, but at this pace I was going to be late for school and I'm never late.

Yeah, because you're a goody two shoes and save your I-have-gone-bad speech for someone else.

Shut up! 

Whatever you say Rose.

Oh god! I hate my internal conflicts, it's totally useless to talk back, because they always seem to win. Sometimes they eat me alive, not to mention how it swallows me up. I can mentally picture myself fall in a deep hole (the esophagus) and never being able to escape it.

**********

As I close my locker I hear someone call my name. I turn around to find one of my close friends. You see I have trust issues and even my closest friends aren't worthy of my truth. I believe that no one really knows me. Not even my parents. You see it's logic, the way I act around my friends is way off from how I act in front of my family. It's like meeting two different people. Crazy I know, but I think all of us do this, come on don't lie to yourself. "In coming to earth Eva, in coming to earth." Megan says waving her hands in front of my face.